Search similar:

uniqs
wideglide36
join:2003-11-08
Altoona, PA

wideglide36

[General] Porting questions

Hey guys,

I signed up for a Telos account through the Google play store and purchased a number from them.

Lo and behold, I must have missed the part where I had to pay $9.99/mo. to keep it. I swear I didn't see that little tid bit anywhere or I wouldn't have purchased it in the first place.

Anyways, It's a nice number for the area where I live so I'm thinking of porting it out to another provider.

Telos is OK with that and even provided me with an account number and pin, but most other providers want a signed invoice or LOA in order to port a number in.

Ring.to at one time would process a port in request with just an account number and possibly a pin, but unfortunately they have suspended all porting for the time being.

I tried voip.ms and callcentric but they need that signed invoice and there's no way that's possible.

Apparently it's considered a mobile number so I tried porting it to Google Voice, but that didn't work either.

Anyone know of a provider that would process a port in request with using just an account number and pin and without all the other paperwork?

Thanks
Cinti
join:2016-08-04
Boston, MA

Cinti

Hello, wideglide36 See Profile

If you have an unused sprint phone, Ting or Tello, especially Ting, should get it done very quickly (Sprint approved phone with a clean ESN).

With Ting you can also buy its T-Mobile SIM Card for $9.00.

Minimum charge for Ting is $6.00, postpaid (CC or Amazon Payments only).

Minimum charge for Tello is $5.00, prepaid (CC or PayPal).

Let us know how you fare with either of the above or another provider.

Good luck.

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium Member
join:2005-10-08
Boca Raton, FL

1 recommendation

N9MD to wideglide36

Premium Member

to wideglide36
The blank Letter of Authorization (LOA) is obtained from your new provider ... CallCentric or Voip.ms ... not from Telo. You fill in the info on the LOA and sign it and submit it to your new provider ... along with proof of your Telo account by printing out anything on the TELO website that shows your account info (specifically, your name and the phone number).

An actual 'invoice' is usually not necessary since some VoIP providers, especially the free ones (past and present) do not generate invoices.

One more thing ... you may want to open an account with your new provider and obtain a 'temporary' phone number. Once this is done, begin the porting process through your new provider using their LOA. Once the port is completed, you can then cancel the temporary number.
wideglide36
Altoona, PA

wideglide36

Thanks guys,

All good suggestions. I will investigate further.
PX Eliezer0
join:2017-01-15
Ho Ho Kus, NJ

PX Eliezer0 to wideglide36

to wideglide36
said by wideglide36:

I signed up for a Telos account through the Google play store and purchased a number from them.

Lo and behold, I must have missed the part where I had to pay $9.99/mo. to keep it. I swear I didn't see that little tid bit anywhere or I wouldn't have purchased it in the first place.

Are you sure?

Their website is admittedly confusing, which I suspect is half done on purpose and half out of ignorance.
»www.telosapp.com/

But AFAICT the numbers are free, and the incoming calls and texts are free.

If you want to make outbound calls and texts, then you have to pay money. This could range from 2.99/month for a plan where you listen to ads, up to 9.99/month for a plan with unlimited.

You can also earn credits in various ways.

Again, I might be wrong about this but it does appear to me that the money is only needed for outbound. If not, they are really messing with people.

PS: They are too cute by half. Any company that is too cute is someone I stay away from.
wideglide36
Altoona, PA

wideglide36

said by PX Eliezer0:

said by wideglide36:

Are you sure?

Their website is admittedly confusing, which I suspect is half done on purpose and half out of ignorance.
»www.telosapp.com/

But AFAICT the numbers are free, and the incoming calls and texts are free.

If you want to make outbound calls and texts, then you have to pay money. This could range from 2.99/month for a plan where you listen to ads, up to 9.99/month for a plan with unlimited.

You can also earn credits in various ways.

Again, I might be wrong about this but it does appear to me that the money is only needed for outbound. If not, they are really messing with people.

PS: They are too cute by half. Any company that is too cute is someone I stay away from.

Hey PX,

I had signed up for an account months ago and did in fact receive a free number and for some reason just uninstalled the app and let that free number lapse.

Just recently I re-installed the app and apparently the second time around you are charged for a new number. I didn't see that mentioned anywhere either until later on. I had to purchase $3.99 in credits in order to get the latest number.

Now, only after purchasing the number, do I see that it's gonna cost me $9.99/mo. to keep it. They really don't make things too clear on their site.

I emailed support and they told me I should only have to pay $3.99/mo. because that is what I paid for the number, but that's not what it says on my phone. I guess I'll keep it for a month just to see what they actually charge.

Their plans are also confusing as well. I have the pay as you go plan and can't figure out how many credits I would use in making calls or sending and receiving texts. I'll have to experiment.

Anyhow, thanks for your input.....