MeeToo7
You Too?
Premium
join:2000-10-18
Ardmore, PA
reply to MeeToo7

Re: IU Batch File Instructions Tweaking Thread

From Attitudeda in old thread: "http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,3291016

"It's a great bat file only thing is I still can't get it to work in Task Scheduler."

I haven't tried that yet, been too busy trying to understand what I was trying to do in the first place. I'll try it later and post my results, or if someone already knows or can try it and post the results, that would be great.

Attitudeda
Cool Cruiser
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-26
USA
kudos:3
Thanks I notice that you changed the name of the batch file to Intelligent.bat, I believe that when GT and Zupe made this batch file they called it cegetter.
--
Learn From Yesterday, Live for Today, Hope for Tomorrow

gt7697c
Premium
join:2001-02-16
The Hive
reply to MeeToo7
To get it to work with Task Scheduler you need to do this:

Go to the control and start Task scheduler. Double click Add New Task, now browse to the .bat file. (Or as MeeToo has it named Intelligent.bat) Now you need to input your times that you want it to run. Press ok when finished. (With Win 2k and XP please log in as the Admin and you will be prompted for a password.)

To verify that you have it setup correctly right click on the Scheduled task you just created, and select Run. If it does not run then you need to post how you have setup along with what O/S you are running it on, and what Firewall you have on the system.
--
Just my 2 bits.

MeeToo7
You Too?
Premium
Ardmore, PA

reply to Attitudeda
said by Attitudeda:
Thanks I notice that you changed the name of the batch file to Intelligent.bat, I believe that when GT and Zupe made this batch file they called it cegetter.

Yes, I changed the name "cegetter" to "intelligent" because ce in cegetter stands for Corporate Edition. Intelligent is easily associated with the Intelligent Updater we're working with also.
[text was edited by author 2002-05-14 16:02:43]

Attitudeda
Cool Cruiser
Premium,MVM
USA
reply to gt7697c
GT, I'm running XP pro and NPF 2002. If I click on the the file it runs fine. When I try and run it in task scheduler it fails.
--

ylen131

join:2000-02-09
Canoga Park, CA

do't have xp infront of me but in 2k in a task manager when u right click on the name it the bottom it says run as and their's an option to set a password.type the password for your account

if the scheduled tasks in 2k and xp is different then disregard my comments.
[text was edited by author 2002-05-14 16:21:01]

Jan Janowski
Premium
join:2000-06-18
Skokie, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to gt7697c
said by gt7697c:
To get it to work with Task Scheduler you need to do this:

Go to the control and start Task scheduler. Double click Add New Task, now browse to the .bat file. (Or as MeeToo has it named Intelligent.bat) Now you need to input your times that you want it to run. Press ok when finished. (With Win 2k and XP please log in as the Admin and you will be prompted for a password.)

Where do I find the password it wants???? My system XP home boots up as administrator, and I never set a password.
Boots right up to desktop... ??
OH Boy!
--
Looking for 1939 Indian Motocycle

Jan Janowski
Premium
join:2000-06-18
Skokie, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast

This thread might help others:

»XP home (password)

Tomorrow I'll manually run it after I see it is changed to 5/14, and that will verify the manual operation works.....

Then I'll dive into the Admin password thingie......
I can't wait to find out what I screw up next!!!

--
Looking for 1939 Indian Motocycle

[text was edited by author 2002-05-14 19:14:39]

MeeToo7
You Too?
Premium
Ardmore, PA
I've added a note about making a password if none was made.

I think the instructions are pretty clear now and ready to use for newcomers, so feel free to pass it along.
Although I'll keep tweaking it ofcourse, if people come up with new info/tweaks. Keep posting them on this thread.

Attitudeda
Cool Cruiser
Premium,MVM
USA
said by MeeToo:
I've added a note about making a password if none was made.

I think the instructions are pretty clear now and ready to use for newcomers, so feel free to pass it along.
Although I'll keep tweaking it of course, if people come up with new info/tweaks. Keep posting them on this thread.
MeeToo, great job you did on this. I got Task Scheduler to run.
--

MeeToo7
You Too?
Premium
Ardmore, PA
Thanks to all of you! Was a great team effort.

In my last edit I fixed some grammar/spelling and reworded the intro paragraph and otherwise attempted to make it clearer. If you catch things like that, please either IM or post it here.

This was fun to work on, I love that little program, and now with it in Task scheduler, I'm almost sad I won't have to click on it everyday

guycad$
In Search Of Free Speech
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Pompton Lakes, NJ
reply to MeeToo7
Just a minor point. You should add to the 'requirements' that Task Scheduler must be running. I'm sure this is self evident, but there are people who run minimalist WinDoze installations. Especially people who've set up their systems with 98lite. (like me perhaps? hehehe)