Search similar:

uniqs
nuordrman
join:2002-01-25
Overland Park, KS

nuordrman

Surge-Gap Drop Amp install

Ray,

How do you properly hook up a Surge-Gap Drop Amp (model # 564641C) and its Power inserter (model # 562781C, DA-PI).

The amp has the following terminiation points (from bottom left and then clockwise)

Surge-Gap Amp:
'In PWR + Out RF' [+15 dB]
'12-16 V'
'Input RF'

Power Inserter:

Three male F connectors
1) 'To TV' (duh)
2) 'To Amp' (which connector on the Amp?)
3) 'To Power Pack' (if this connector goes to the Power Pack, then what are the power connections on the amp for?)

The power supply is a 12 VDC plug in type with an F connector to deliver the power (but to where)

Thanks for the help. I tried Scientific Atlanta's website, but no doc's were there.

NuOrdrMan

odog
Minister of internet doohickies
Premium Member
join:2001-08-05
Atlanta, GA
Nokia BGW320-505

odog

Premium Member

you shouldn't need the power inserter unless you really want to consolidate on the wires...

run the power supply to the power into the "12-16V" in, run the cable in into the "input RF" the "out RF" goes to the TV's. basically: RF in, 12V in, whatever signal you had plus 15 dB out:)

the power inserter, inserts the 12V on to the same wire as the RF. at that point you either need a splitter that can pass voltage(to separate them again for input to the AMP) or a special low pass filter to tap off the 60hz voltage for the 12-16v input and pass the RF to the RF input.
nuordrman
join:2002-01-25
Overland Park, KS

nuordrman

Thank you Odog...it seemed like the logical thing to do, but having that extra part (the power inserter) made me question myself. I am assuming from the previous comments here in the 'chat', that this is a good Amp.

NuOrdrMan

odog
Minister of internet doohickies
Premium Member
join:2001-08-05
Atlanta, GA

odog to nuordrman

Premium Member

to nuordrman
SA makes good stuff.... but it ain't cheap...