Search similar:

uniqs

KeysCapt

join:2001-07-11
Carson City, NV

2 recommendations

KeysCapt

Off topic threads and posts

OK folks, it's time to do a little defining here.

This forum, although dedicated to Distributed Computing, and more specifically UD & TSC, does see a certain number of "Off Topic" threads, in the interest of maintaining activity in the forum, and providing a place where we can all enjoy ourselves and keep communications open.

However, as in all things, we need to have some limits, so that it remains a forum that all can enjoy.

"Off Topic" posts should be family-oriented (read: General Audience). They should be non-political and of course, non-commercial. There are other forums on the site where subject matter such as that can be posted ... maybe.
Joke-of-the-day, or similar humor is fine, with the above "G" rating in mind. A thread related to the on-going Stanley Cup Playoffs is fine, provided it doesn't degenerate into flaming each other.

All threads, whether they are off-topic or not, will NOT be hijacked. That means, you do not enter a thread and post on a different topic, or "hijack" the thread to talk about your own subject. For anyone who is confused, this is called "thread crapping". It is entirely permissible to join in a thread with similar observations, experiences, and things of that sort.

And, it goes without saying there will be no flaming or trolling. We don't have that problem in this forum, and we will not. Lastly, if you think there's a problem with a post, use the "Hey Mod" button or send one of the mods an IM. Let us handle it.

Thanks.

mattmag

join:2000-04-09
NW Illinois

mattmag

Just a reply to this in order to express my support for this stance. I think it is equally applicable to all the "crunching" forums, and goes right with my thoughts. We are a "community-type" outfit, and because of that we can allow the wide variety of posts that we now enjoy. It makes things a bit more interesting, and gives us more reason to visit and participate. As long as we abide by this set of guidelines, we'll be in great shape!!!!

Thanks one and all------

-Matt