Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds to anon91

Premium Member

to anon91

Re: cant connect to web site

Got your mail.

Do you have PC-cillin AntiVirus installed? I ask because it has a privacy feature that gives the same stalled pages symptoms you are seeing. If not, then on to the next part....

**You didn't answer if you have any Filters in place on the 5660 so to bypass any you have to see if that is the cause you can temporarily disable them. Change "IP Filter Mode" from Enabled to Disabled here »10.0.0.1/ipfilter.html and see if you can load the page. If yes, then find the rule causing the problem. If no then re-enable your IP Filters and we move on to more diagnostics.

You could try another browser and/or reinstall your current browser from an archived download (you may have corrupt DLL files). Netscape v4.79 is the last true Netscape and you can easily kill the two items that may concern you about it or try the open source Mozilla browser. To Kill Netcenter in the mail section of Netscape is detailed here »www.chem.unl.edu/support ··· nter.htm and how to remove the stupid Shop Button is detailed here »www.cs.rutgers.edu/~watr ··· ton.html If you need other help taming Netscape 4.79 there is a great page about taming Netscape »www.ufaq.org/

I won't name your Firewall (I used it myself in the past), but you should read this page »grc.com/lt/scoreboard.htm and consider a replacement as it does not provide you with outbound protection. You should have a software Firewall running on each PC even when the 5660 is in Router Mode.

**You have said that the only time the page is blocked is when in Router Mode so I think it may be a IP Filter problem. Try my suggestion above.

The last thing I can think of is to try a lower MTU of 1454 instead of 1492.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Doctor Olds