dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

amark
join:2001-02-09

amark

The Cleaner-Won't Update-Get Authentication Err?

It happened again. I try to run update and get window stating can't authenticate. It happened before. I uninstalled and reinstalled. This time that doesn't work. Anyone else? Any answers? Help appreciated, thanks.

Eyeballs
Premium Member
join:2000-04-25
Worcester, MA

Eyeballs

Premium Member

Contact the software company. They changed the build of the program to combat a problem they were having with warez.
Scotterpops
join:2001-07-11
San Diego, CA

Scotterpops to amark

to amark
Their servers have been overwhelmed today. It's a busy day. Keep trying, you'll get through.

jvmorris
I Am The Man Who Was Not There.
MVM
join:2001-04-03
Reston, VA

jvmorris to amark

MVM

to amark
Since the latest releases, I've seen this a couple of times. At least in my experience, it's suggestive of a timing problem, especially on older, slower CPUs or slower Internet connections. I don't think I've ever had to retry more than twice (myself) to get past it.

sig6
Premium Member
join:2001-05-05

sig6 to amark

Premium Member

to amark
Once I was getting a time out error and had to disable ZA to download the update. I think this has already been fixed, though, in one of the many recent updates.

Sometimes the site is busy, though. Have you tried downloading the updates directly from the site? There's also the moosoft forum to try and see if you get an answer or a fix. (FWIW I did update earlier today without a problem.)
Marine06
join:2000-01-10
Mission Viejo, CA

Marine06

Re: The Cleaner-Won't Update-Get Authentication Er

I have also been getting the same authentication error. I would wait until tomorrow before you change anything. It could be another problem with Moosoft's ISP. However, if it still keeps generating the same error I would look at the forum and/or download an updated version of Moolive manually from the website.

kcazzie
One Of Jerry's Kids
Premium Member
join:2000-08-13
Morton Grove, IL

kcazzie to amark

Premium Member

to amark

Re: The Cleaner-Won't Update-Get Authentication Err?

Looks like things are working again...Authentication fixed with these two new updates...
1) The Cleaner Database 3316
2) TCActive 2506

La Luna
Fly With The Angels My Beloved Son Chris
Premium Member
join:2001-07-12
New Port Richey, FL

La Luna to amark

Premium Member

to amark
Got mine with no problem last night. I have had problems lately with getting "the server is busy, please try later" message.
I'd just keeping trying, I bet you'll get it.