how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

BlueX221

join:2002-01-25
Hollywood, FL

Animations not working?

My animations are'nt workin for webpages and i've posted this around some other forums. Is this due to my firewall?.. Any suggestions?
Thanks... I use ZAP

kkb
Object of the Panopticon

join:2000-06-11
Colorado

Probably a browser setting. What browser do you use?
[text was edited by author 2002-07-22 09:54:43]

beefy
It's A Dog's Life

join:2001-02-04
Burlington, ON
reply to BlueX221
Are your Internet Properties > Advanced > Multimedia > Show Animations checked?
--
It's as clear as mud, but it covers the ground!

Andy8
B B R Bash Bush Regularly
Premium
join:2002-01-26
::1

reply to BlueX221
EDIT>> Do the animations work if you disable ZAP???

If your using ZAP ver 3.0, you might want to check out the PRIVACY> SITE LIST page and for the sites you REALLY trust, check under the OPTIONS tab for each site, there is another tab in there called AD BLOCKING, uncheck ANIMATION and your animations should now work.
--
NO! The 7 layer OSI model is NOT something you get at Taco Bell!!!

[text was edited by author 2002-07-22 10:13:15]

dja
The 'd' is silent ... unlike the member.
Premium
join:2002-03-25
Niagara
reply to BlueX221
Do you use Proxomitron? »Animated avatars not moving . . .

Can you see the rotating stars on the site here?

Did you recently install some other software related to graphics, viewers, or display properties?

Also try clearing the cache.

Randy Bell
Premium
join:2002-02-24
Santa Clara, CA
reply to BlueX221
Try disabling ZAP's privacy features. :)

BlueX221

Hollywood, FL
Animations is unchecked in Zap privacy tab... Animations in IOnternet Properties-Advanced-Multimedia-Animations is checked... I shutdown ZAP and i stil cant see the rotating stars... Any otehr suggestions.. I use aOL' browser and Internet Explorer 6... Any sugge4stions?... Thanks

xxnoelziexx
Noc
Premium
join:2002-04-06
London
Same thing I have zone alarm pro 3 and when it is on my animations for this site don't work. I just cleared all my cookies and now they stop there dead . They was working fine 5 mins ago.

dja
Premium
Niagara
reply to BlueX221
I will assume that at some point you DID see animation.

When did it stop?

What was installed/changed prior to the stopage?

Was it very recent?

Can you do a "scanreg/ restore" from a DOS boot to regain functionality?

Are your .gif files properly associated?

Do you see the stars AT ALL?

I will search AOL info.

xxnoelziexx
Noc
Premium
join:2002-04-06
London
reply to BlueX221
I have animation on your pics but no stars moving?

dja
Premium
Niagara
reply to BlueX221
said by BlueX221:
I use aOL' browser and Internet Explorer 6...
How do you use both?

Try just IE6.
--
"By my word."

BlueX221

Hollywood, FL
reply to BlueX221
Problem started when i went from trial version ZA to ZAP3... I see stars and avators but no animation in either one... I use IE 6 more but sometimes friends send me links and they go str8 to aol's browser so i jus stick to that browser for such situations... I do not kno anything about .gif files property?... Any suggestions?... Whats a scan registry? Thanks

dja
Premium
Niagara

reply to BlueX221
So do you EVER see animation in EITHER browser EVER?

Look here: »www.zonelabs.com/store/content/s···1install

I would uninstall ZA (grab a free one off their site) and see if it's OK.

If so, YOU ALL PAID FOR THIS CR@P!!!

This is quickly becoming a ZoneLabs support forum.

I think pressure should be put on Zone Labs to correct whatever is causing these numerous ZA issues.
[text was edited by author 2002-07-23 00:16:18]

IGGY
No Guru Just Here To Help
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-30
Chatham, IL
Funny how these are seen as issues. A lot of the post are easily fixed by users just getting to better know the new software. As is the case with most newly updated software. Example = users went ape s--t when XP came out. Users upgrading from 98 or ME ( or others ) reported all kinds of usage issues. Not all of which where related to the actual software. Now an uninstall in this case is most likely not need. Try this = »www.zonelabs.com/store/content/s···#9issues
Then if the issue isn't resolved. An uninstall may be in order. Also you may want to make sure your previous version of ZA Free was completely uninstalled. This could also be causing a conflict. Step By Step instructions are here = »www.zonelabs.com/store/content/s···lFAQ.jsp &
»www.zonelabs.com/store/content/s···lFAQ.jsp This last link is for 2.6 but will work for the new 3.0 versions. You may also find this thread of use = »Zone alarm pro problem.
But people need to keep in mind no software is ever 100% Also keep in mind newly updated software may not always work on individual systems. Testing can only go so far in helping to make sure no "real world" conflicts will occur. The reason this forum has gotten so ZoneLabs happy. Is they have released 3 major updates in less than 2 months time. Users have problems & questions that need resolved related to the product. I don't find this any different than what happens with other software. When XP came out. This forum was flooded with XP related questions. Same exact issue here. If the above links etc aren't of any help. Please let me know & I'll forward this thread to support ASAP.
You would think with all the ZA related questions that do come in ( new releases or not ) that ZA would get it's own related forum. Much like the Tiny/Kerio forum here. But that is another matter in itself.
--
*IGGYZ* *TeamZ*