Search similar:

uniqs

Edit This
Premium Member
join:2001-05-08

Edit This

Premium Member

Zone alarm pro problem.

I just upgraded and installed the latest edition of Zone Alarm Pro 3.0 133. I have used ZA pro in the recent past and everything worked perfectly...except for the slow loading time. Now that I upgraded it to the latest edition I have problems. Now when I search around the internet....I can go to a site like www.metacritic.com to read movie reviews and the home page comes up fine. When I click on a link to a review I get either a blank page or "this page cannot be displayed". If I turn ZA pro off then those links will work perfectly. What the heck can I do to solve this problem?
Hullodare

Randy Bell
Premium Member
join:2002-02-24
Santa Clara, CA

Randy Bell

Premium Member

Disable ZAP's privacy controls. :)

Ginger5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-24
Madison, WI

Ginger5 to Edit This

Premium Member

to Edit This
If you can load pages with ZAP off, it's likely the firewall configuration.

First place I'd look is Privacy/main tab.
Check cookie control and see if medium setting has the same effect. If not, leave the firewall up and try the off setting.

Edit This
Premium Member

Edit This

Premium Member

Everything works fine if I disable the adblocking features. The problem is I love the adblocking features. I hate pop-ups and ZA Pro 3 did a great job getting rid of them before I upgraded to this latest edition. Anything I can do to correct the problem besides turning off privacy controls?
Hullodare
Edit This

Edit This

Premium Member

What good is the Zone Alarm adblocking feature if I have to disable it? Before I upgraded the adblocking worked fantastic. I just didn't like the time it took ZA Pro to load up.....now they fixed that problem but not being able to block adds is worse.
Hullodare

Ginger5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-24
Madison, WI

Ginger5 to Edit This

Premium Member

to Edit This
I use Surfpal by Panicware in conjunction with ZAP.

You might try the pop-up stopper here by Panicware. Many like it and they have free download:

»www.panicware.com/popups ··· per.html

Edit This
Premium Member

Edit This

Premium Member

I tried pop-up stopper pro 2.0...the funny thing is...sometimes it worked fine.....but...I found I have to keep turning it on and off rapidly...then keep it on for it to work. Having to do this every time I turned on my IE6 browser was a pain. ZA Pro 3 worked much better before I upgraded. What a shame.
Hullodare

Jamming777$
Time Is Running Out
Premium Member
join:2001-07-25
USA

Jamming777$

Premium Member

Did your settings remain the same? What are you using at the moment for settings? There are some new methods being used in pop-ups, as well that require new methods of control let me see if your settings can be tweaked to help you out.

Edit This
Premium Member

Edit This

Premium Member

settings were identical to previous version.
IGGY9
No Guru Just Here To Help
Premium Member
join:2001-03-30
Chatham, IL

IGGY9

Premium Member

I've only seen this behavior on a very few sites. In most cases you can in fact leave the privacy settings on with no issue. Also you can make sure that under Cookies tab = Cookies Custom then at the bottom of the window that pops up you'll see the Privacy Advisor. Make sure this has a check mark by it. That way ZAP 3.0.133 will alert you that the Privacy Features have effected the site you are viewing. But honestly I've seen 2 sites at most where I had to turn off the pop up killer to get the site to work.
Also if your seeing a site where a pop up isn't blocked. Please report this to ZoneLabs Support or a TeamZ member who will forward this info. This helps the development team to correct the problem.

Edit This
Premium Member

Edit This

Premium Member

Nice try but it didn't work. Same problem still exists. Before I upgraded ZA Pro to the latest release it was perfect...since I upgraded.....it doesn't work well. www.metecritic.com is a favorite site of mine and when I click on the movie reviews I get either a white page with nothing on it or "this page cannot be displayed"...if this keeps up ZA Pro is gone from my PC.
Hullodare
IGGY9
Premium Member
Chatham, IL

IGGY9

Premium Member

The url you posted won't work for me at all. But when I used Google & got this url = »www.metacritic.com/film/ It worked fine with ZAP 3.0.133 with pop up/under blocked & cookie control on.

Edit This
Premium Member

Edit This

Premium Member

It works for everyone....except me since I upgraded to ZA Pro latest version. That's my problem. ZA Pro is a goner on my PC if I don't correct it by the next day or two.
Hullodare
IGGY9
Premium Member
Chatham, IL

IGGY9

Premium Member

Have you tried this yet? How do I refresh my TrueVector database files?
»www.zonelabs.com/store/c ··· #9issues This very well may solve your issue. Or you may have to do an uninstall reinstall if the above doesn't work. But as I stated in my last post. www.metacritic.com doesn't seem to be working. When I plug into IE 6 it wants to search for the url. I had to goto Google to get a proper working url which was = »www.metacritic.com/film/ So the 1st url may not in fact work for others also. But the 2nd url might. I have no problems getting that page to display using ZAP 3.0.133 with the privacy features I mentioned before enabled. I also clicked around & looked at reviews with no problems what so ever. If everyone else who uses ZAP 3 can get the page to display ( as you stated in your post ). I would say this is related to your install of the product. So trying to clear the Truevector files 1st is a good start. If not then an uninstall reinstall would be the only thing I would suggest.

Jamming777$
Time Is Running Out
Premium Member
join:2001-07-25
USA

Jamming777$ to Edit This

Premium Member

to Edit This
Hullodare, I just want you to know that IGGY, Marti, and Myself are here on this board to help you through this installation. This is just mostly an unlucky happenstance for you as a person. But you have us here at DSLR/BBR and we will get you going if we can, and get the problem to the right people if we cannot. However, it is amazing to me that we are going to be update 17 million people over the next few weeks.

This is what Zone_Labs told us:

With over 17 million users of ZoneAlarm products, our primary concern with this launch is to provide a satisfactory upgrade experience for folks.

Team-Z members are striving to do all we can for that number of people. So don't give up on us, we will be there to help you and if you decide to go somewhere else we want to part on friendly terms. So be sure you have asked all the questions you have wanted to and hold us to the line to get you an answer. That is one thing we as Team-Z do for you in making sure Zone Labs is held to higher standards about customer responsiveness. We are not just Zone_Lab boosters, we tell them where mistakes are made.

If the Error Rate on installs is .005 or one-half percent in the next two weeks we will be experiencing request for help from 85,000 people. So this is not a little job, but I know your handle Hullodare, so your problem is important to me.

Edit This
Premium Member

Edit This

Premium Member

I am reverting back to ZA free version. I completely uninstalled the ZA Pro 3 from my PC as described in the ZA FAQ support section of the website. Hopefully that will end the problem since add blocking is not an issue wit ZA free. Thanks for all your help.
Hullodare
IGGY9
Premium Member
Chatham, IL

IGGY9

Premium Member

Why revert back? You paid for Pro & the issue is fixable. The information provide to you should in fact solve the issue. The fact that other users don't see this behavior using ZAP 3 ( latest version ) should show you that this isn't in fact the software causing the issue. But in fact something relating to the install of the product or the Truevector files. Both issues are easily solved.