Daniel
MVM
join:2000-06-26
San Francisco, CA

Daniel

MVM

Trillian Exploit ???

»news.zdnet.co.uk/story/0 ··· ,00.html

There was another one a while back based on accepting a chat request. These folks need to get their stuff together.

A patch/upgrade would be nice.

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game

Premium Member

There was another one a while back based on accepting a chat request. These folks need to get their stuff together.

You know how it goes..there are 5 more in the works no one has even seen yet..it is kewl to do people in chat...and when you can handle all the chats out there under one roof you are a nice target.
Tuulilapsi
Kenosis
join:2002-07-29
Finland

Tuulilapsi

said by Name Game:
You know how it goes..there are 5 more in the works no one has even seen yet..it is kewl to do people in chat...and when you can handle all the chats out there under one roof you are a nice target.
Amen, NG. I never even considered using/recommending Trillian to anyone, anywhere, at any time. The possibilities to screw people with that program are practically limitless. There is no way the developers will be able to keep up with the exploiters, I fear.

I actually made a TH Process Rule for Trillian earlier today.., and another one for ICQ.

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game to Daniel

Premium Member

to Daniel
Well I was not knocking Trillian and hope they look at it since many of my buds in Australia like and use it...I would like to say one thing...

Johnny did not give Trillian much time to react..I think that is Sh*tty....what is wrong with these nuts..at least give them 30 days before you start screaming your head off.

Come on..whos side are you on anyway..and I still do not see it as a major problem..no one is in there exploiting and that the way it was found....GO FIGURE..you make the news and ZD has a story...give me a break!

ok that was a rant

Arcadies
Premium Member
join:2002-05-14
Greeneville, TN

Arcadies to Daniel

Premium Member

to Daniel
I have been using trillian for about a year now and i'm very happy with it. I have it on fairly tight restrictions, only TCP outgoing to AOL/MSN servers on remote ports 5190 and 1863 respectively. I have a seperate rule to allow file transfers that I only enable when needed, then immediately disable when transfers are done. I also have everything setup to allow ONLY people on my contact list to see my online status,contact me, or send files.

That's about all I can do for security with it, if it's not enough oh well, it's still better than installing Adware Instant Messenger or MSN to me personally, not that either of them are totally secure pieces of software anyway.