spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Siknis
@ny325.east.verizon.n

Siknis

Anon

Which Firewall is for me?

Hello. I am lookin 4 a firewall that is not so rule based because its too complex to be messin wit rule based firewalls, i would like to kno which firewalls u guys recommend that is easy on the resources, cuz i have a slow system with 256mb, on xp, thanks in advance

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game

Premium Member

Tell these people in here what you have tried so far and would definitely not even consider it on your system. If you do not.. it will turn into a free for all..and you will not get a lick of good technical advice...or you will just end up telling those who really want to help you ..that you do not like that particular one.

Too many threads in here have gone that way..and many were brought here by anonymous poster..looking for some action.

Not to offend you..welcome..so...it is your turn????

If you do not know all the brands that are available..I will post you a link.
[text was edited by author 2002-09-28 20:46:40]

Siknis
@ny325.east.verizon.n

Siknis

Anon

Ok, I have used previously....

zone alarm, zone alarm pro, tiny, tiny 3, sygate free, sygate pro, outpost, outpost pro, kerio, bullguard, and another one that is a antivirus with firewall i forgot the name, nah is PC-CILLin. that's all. right now using zap.

Hutchy
Premium Member
join:2000-10-14
australia430

Hutchy

Premium Member

ZAP or Kerio.:)

NoZone4Me
@nas4.des-moines1.ia.

NoZone4Me to Siknis

Anon

to Siknis
VisNetic 1.2

Fobulous
Premium Member
join:2002-08-14
Missouri City, TX

Fobulous to Siknis

Premium Member

to Siknis
If you use XP why don't u just use the free firewall it's offering you?

siknis
@ny325.east.verizon.n

siknis

Anon

because i disabled some services the firewall needs to be running, i forgot to mention i used that one too. and out of all i dont like that one and the rule based too buggy. the xp firewall is just not enough i dont know what's going on, it lets any program do what it wants, but then when i try connecting on aim to direct stuff n yahoo, etc... the xp firewall can be buggy on that.

bbrcat
Remembering Lisa...
MVM
join:2000-12-09
FL

bbrcat

MVM

It costs $$,but try Norton's and go with the suggested(pre-set) settings.

NoZone4Me
@nas4.des-moines1.ia.

NoZone4Me to Siknis

Anon

to Siknis
ProPort eXtreme 1.0

»www.proportx.com/

Siknis
@ny325.east.verizon.n

Siknis to bbrcat

Anon

to bbrcat
Norton Internet Security was my firewall first + antivirus bundle. I didn't like it because it was a big resource hog n it had some bad stuff.

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game to Siknis

Premium Member

to Siknis
said by Siknis:
Ok, I have used previously....

zone alarm, zone alarm pro, tiny, tiny 3, sygate free, sygate pro, outpost, outpost pro, kerio, bullguard, and another one that is a antivirus with firewall i forgot the name, nah is PC-CILLin. that's all. right now using zap.
Thank You..now how about this part...
"would definitely not even consider it on your system at this point since it appears you have tried most of them."
Name Game

Name Game to Siknis

Premium Member

to Siknis
said by Siknis:
Norton Internet Security was my firewall first + antivirus bundle. I didn't like it because it was a big resource hog n it had some bad stuff.
And now you are doing just that...telling people...what you will not even consider...so narrow it down what you will consider.

bbrcat
Remembering Lisa...
MVM
FL

bbrcat to Siknis

MVM

to Siknis
You are right...it IS a resource hog,but I like it because I can set up different user "accounts" real easily to limit my 12 y/o son from going where he shouldn't (above and beyond content advisor/restricted site useage.

siknis
@ny325.east.verizon.n

siknis

Anon

sorry if i had made this a hassle for u guys

bbrcat
Remembering Lisa...
MVM
FL

bbrcat

MVM

Not at all ! Sometimes you just have to work out the specifics a bit more clearly,but DSLR members are always happy to help...good luck !
LowWaterMark
Premium Member
join:2002-05-16
Wallingford, CT

LowWaterMark to Siknis

Premium Member

to Siknis
Here's a thread with some info for you - similar circumstances to yours, too:
»Which Firewall You Recommend To Your Friend?

Randy Bell
Premium Member
join:2002-02-24
Santa Clara, CA

Randy Bell to Siknis

Premium Member

to Siknis
siknis, why not register? That way, you get the full benefits of dslreports forums, people can send you IMs, etc. Regarding your question, it comes up all the time, and people can only speak from their personal experience with a product. As for me, I've had great experience with the older version 2.6.362 of ZoneAlarm Pro: »www.tucows.com/preview/1 ··· 418.html

Wildcatboy
Invisible
Mod
join:2000-10-30
Toronto, ON

Wildcatboy

Mod

said by Randy Bell:
siknis, why not register?
Because he's already registered. Rob has a habit of coming back with the same question under different names. Some people just don't learn. Feel free to ignore.