how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

udp1024

join:2002-10-09
Burlington

Mail Server Issues

I e-mail support@cogeco.ca because one of my mailboxes was bouncing messages from a list I subscribe to. Guess what? My e-mail bounced

This is the Postfix program at host fep4.cogeco.net.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned
below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.

For further assistance, please send mail to

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the message returned below.

The Postfix program

: maildir delivery failed: error writing message: Disk quota
exceeded

Doh! Now what do I do?

PegLeg2
Premium
join:2002-06-27
@ Sea
said by udp1024:
maildir delivery failed: error writing message: Disk quota exceeded
- Just a idea , clean out your mailbox.....

CS_Buddy
Black Mage
Premium
join:2002-01-03
Canada
reply to udp1024
If you have your email program checked to leave a copy of the message on the server, that might be the problem. Check your mail settings to see if thats the case.
--
Black Mage may be evil, but he sure does love that Canadian Forum

udp1024

join:2002-10-09
Burlington
said by CS_Buddy:
If you have your email program checked to leave a copy of the message on the server, that might be the problem. Check your mail settings to see if thats the case.

Thanks for the suggestion guys. However, the mailbox in question is support@cogeco.ca

Not mine. Honest!

PegLeg2
Premium
join:2002-06-27
@ Sea
You mentioned " one of my mailboxes was bouncing messages ",thought that was the problem !

Have no idea about 'support@cogeco.ca'

Krispy1
Premium
join:2001-12-11
the stix
kudos:1
I have no idea who (if anyone) reads support@cogeco.ca but for problems like you're having I would email postmaster@cogeco.ca

Viggen93
Premium
join:2002-04-16
Hamilton, ON
reply to udp1024
The "Disk quota exceeded" is basically a disk full error for a particular account. I'm wondering, does this error occur when you try to send to any e-mail address? Only seen it once, but checking the client is not storing stuff on the mail server *may* fix this (I don't know why, I had one case like that and there be the fix)
--
Why soar with the Eagles. Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Dingaan

join:2002-02-19
Bath, ON
reply to Krispy1
said by Krispy1:
I have no idea who (if anyone) reads support@cogeco.ca but for problems like you're having I would email postmaster@cogeco.ca
Hmmm - Cogeco employee isn't sure if anyone reads support@cogeco.ca?????

One would think that an ISP would be happy for subscribers to free up the support lines by using e-mail? Perhaps reading (and answering) e-mailed questions would give the 24/7 support group something to do when phone calls are not coming in - presumably there are slow times??

By the way - the e-mail server that frequently timed out over past few weeks seems to have improved considerably - It just zips through the mail accounts now - Seems someone has done a good job!

CS_Buddy
Black Mage
Premium
join:2002-01-03
Canada
reply to udp1024
The email addess I've been given (by technical support) on numerous occasions to email regarding service issues was custcare@cogeco.net.

Since cogeco.ca is for our residential email accounts, support@cogeco.ca would probably be a reserved email address, same as root, admin, postmaster, etc. I doubt its an administrator account or anything like that.

Email your problem/questions to custcare@cogeco.net
--
Black Mage may be evil, but he sure does love that Canadian Forum