Premium Member
join:2000-07-21
Morrisville, PA

broadbandit to TPuckett99

Premium Member

to TPuckett99

Re: New Firmware - 1.44

said by TPuckett99:
I got lucky, I used the information posted from here on the forum, set the IP address of the computer to the same range as the router, retried the the update, no luck, the router started the update, then failed, did a 5 second reset rebooted the router, tried again.At that point the router accepted the firmware update, the lights stopped flashing, restarted the router, logged in with my old password, and it works like a charm! WOW, What a ride! I thought it was a goner!!

TPucket99
Glad to hear the good news and that the problem is resolved. It took you almost a day working on that eh?. <Cartman voice>"That's what I call a Sticky situation"</Cartman voice>
hbongers
join:2002-11-26
Netherlands

hbongers to PeZzy

to PeZzy
I have a BEFSX41, and after a Windows reboot icons where gone UPNP forwarding doesn't work anymore. Back to 1.43.4 for now.

milehiguy
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Fort Collins, CO

milehiguy to PeZzy

Premium Member

to PeZzy
So, for those of you who have downgraded, what version have you dropped back to? I can find 1.43 and 1.43.3 on the Linksys FTP server, but cannot find 1.43.4
[text was edited by author 2002-11-29 08:03:17]
shk1
join:2002-09-18

shk1

Damn......sorry guys for telling you that I did not face the Internet Gateway icon disappearing problem. In actual fact, you need to restart the PC before you witness the disappearing act of your gateway icon. The icon was still there because I did not restart my PC so I thought everything was ok. Damn this firmware and the previous. Now its back to 1.43. Linksys *sigh*, are you listening to us ?

manx6
Premium Member
join:1999-12-05
Algonquin, IL

manx6 to PeZzy

Premium Member

to PeZzy
I just installed 1.44 on my BFSR41 and I can't disable WAN blocking or make any changes to the Filters page. When I make a change and click Apply, nothing happens. Has anyone else got the same problem?

pplchamp1
Great One
Premium Member
join:2002-01-25
East Hartford, CT

pplchamp1 to PeZzy

Premium Member

to PeZzy
Yes, I have the icon disappear issue as well, you need to reboot first. DOH! Back to 1.43.

invictus1
join:2002-06-19
earth

invictus1 to TPuckett99

to TPuckett99
1. press the reset button for 30 seconds while it is on.. unplug the power cable and plug it back..

2. assign static ip to the computer..

3. see if you can ping the router.. if it did reply.. go ahead and upgrade..

4. If did not reply, you have a problem.

i assume all physical connections are good

Darthanubis$
join:2002-02-27

Darthanubis$ to PeZzy

to PeZzy
BEFSR41 v2 1.43

Everything works, all stealth. So why the hell would I play crash dummy trying out the "latest" release?

Psycophreak
join:2002-02-07
Flushing, NY

Psycophreak to invictus1

to invictus1
I just upped to 1.44, Before I was using 1.43.3z on my BEFSR41 V2 router. All I can say is, IT SUX, I still have to do the port "trick" to stealth port 113, I'm still loosing my LAN connection every 20 mins or so ( it immediately reconnects though )and UPnP is obviously DEAD.

I did the long reset, power cycle...ETC...ECT

I'm thinking it is time for me to find another product to use, linksys has been dropping the ball way to much, a router is suposed to be "invisible" while it's working, unfortunately, these problems are all to "visible" to me.

Time to go look at some other routers....

EDIT: uggh...I decided to go back to 1.42, at least everything is stealthed, although the LAN connection drops are still present, along with WAN drops as well....ohh well, it will do until I can replace it, then i'll have fun tieing a rope to it and the bumper of my car and racing over some nice bumpy streets!
[text was edited by author 2002-11-29 11:05:00]
f_disk$
join:2002-06-05
Warrior, AL

f_disk$ to PeZzy

to PeZzy
So it appears that the BESFR41 is NOT working well with the 1.44. I'm still on 1.39 and staying there.

I understand that there are bugs in software, etc., but the last two releases by Linksys are BAD. What's their problem? DID they test it before releasing it? The release notes say nothing about it fixing problems with the release prior to 1.44...............hello Linksys, are you listening? This board is a beta tester's dream, everyone giving you feedback, and yet 1.44 is just like 1.43.3!

I'm gonna try out the MS$ router and see how it performs......if I like it, I'll replace about a dozen Linky's.

milehiguy
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Fort Collins, CO

milehiguy

Premium Member

But ... what about 1.43.4 ??? There's been some mention of it in this thread, but ... I have no idea 1) if it's stable, or unstable (as 1.43.3 and 1.44 apparently are), or 2) where to download it if it IS stable ... help anyone?

Brano
I hate Vogons
MVM
join:2002-06-25
Burlington, ON
(Software) OPNsense
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO
Ubiquiti NanoBeam M5 16

Brano

MVM

said by milehiguy:
But ... what about 1.43.4 ??? There's been some mention of it in this thread, but ... I have no idea 1) if it's stable, or unstable (as 1.43.3 and 1.44 apparently are), or 2) where to download it if it IS stable ... help anyone?
I've been running 1.43.4 on my BEFSX41 for more that a month and I had no problems with it. It's pretty stable.
FF6
join:2002-03-11
Laguna Niguel, CA

FF6

said by Brano:
said by milehiguy:
I've been running 1.43.4 on my BEFSX41 for more that a month and I had no problems with it. It's pretty stable.
Same here. I've been running 1.43.4 since the day it came out, no problems.

Then again, I haven't had a problem with ANY of the BEFSX41 firmwares, in terms on stability. I guess I'm lucky.
rriggers
join:2002-11-29
uk

rriggers

anyone have a link so that i can download 1.43.4?

Cheers

Nick

PeZzy
@shawcable.net

PeZzy to PeZzy

Anon

to PeZzy
BEFSR41 v2 firmware 1.44 - no problems since I don't use UPnP. Latency seems to be a bit lower than 1.43 in games.
rriggers
uk

rriggers

UPuP in Firmware - 1.44 (enabling)

Okay i've worked out how to get UPnP working with 1.44...

Goto the password page in the web interface.
Click apply, quickly highlight the whole of the querystring and copy it.

paste it back into the address bar and alter the bit that says:
UPnP_Work=0
and make it
UPnP_Work=1

It should now work fine...

Cheers

Nick

hagbard72
join:2000-10-02
Kingsville

hagbard72

said by rriggers:
Okay i've worked out how to get UPnP working with 1.44...

Goto the password page in the web interface.
Click apply, quickly highlight the whole of the querystring and copy it.

paste it back into the address bar and alter the bit that says:
UPnP_Work=0
and make it
UPnP_Work=1

It should now work fine...

Cheers

Nick
Fine for UPnP, but does the thing still randomly disconnect?

jw55505
Fish Head
Premium Member
join:2001-11-28
Mechanicsville, VA

jw55505 to rriggers

Premium Member

to rriggers
rriggers, you are correct. Nice detective work. It appears in firmware v1.44, the UPnP enable and disable radio buttons are reversed!

enabled = UPnP_Work=0
disabled = UPnP_Work=1

Can some of you guys using UPnP confirm this? Check "Disabled" and click Apply and see if you get your gateway icons back.
jw55505

jw55505 to hagbard72

Premium Member

to hagbard72
said by hagbard72:
I'm on DSL PPPoE and I've retained connection/IP for 42 hours so far. BEFSR41.
rriggers
uk

rriggers to jw55505

to jw55505
Looking at the html you are correct.

Seems slightly odd that they would have tinkered with the form though..
I had just presumed both values were 0 and thats why it did'nt work...

hagbard72
join:2000-10-02
Kingsville

hagbard72 to jw55505

to jw55505
said by jw55505:
said by hagbard72:
I'm on DSL PPPoE and I've retained connection/IP for 42 hours so far. BEFSR41.

I think I'll wait to hear from those who have had a reset problem.

the_w0p
@mchsi.com

the_w0p to PeZzy

Anon

to PeZzy

Where's this gateway icon, I have NEVER seen a gateway icon!!! WinXP Pro SP1, but I've never seen one anywhere ever!!!

WLiley
Woodman
Premium Member
join:2000-12-01
Grand Blanc, MI

WLiley to jw55505

Premium Member

to jw55505

Re: UPuP in Firmware - 1.44 (enabling)

said by jw55505:
rriggers, you are correct. Nice detective work. It appears in firmware v1.44, the UPnP enable and disable radio buttons are reversed!

enabled = UPnP_Work=0
disabled = UPnP_Work=1

Can some of you guys using UPnP confirm this? Check "Disabled" and click Apply and see if you get your gateway icons back.

Yep, good catch Rriggers!
Well, I've done both the manual fix discovered & saw that same script if the "disable UPnP" radio button is selected.
Tried both several times.

I've rebooted the pc & the BESFR41 and still no gateway icon when viewing my network.

If some of you are seeing this work, then it's got to be me. What am I missing?
FF6
join:2002-03-11
Laguna Niguel, CA

FF6 to the_w0p

to the_w0p

said by the_w0p:
Where's this gateway icon, I have NEVER seen a gateway icon!!! WinXP Pro SP1, but I've never seen one anywhere ever!!!
It's in your Network Connections, in your Control Panel.
::snickers::

[text was edited by author 2002-11-29 16:36:53]

Tormentius
join:2002-07-27
Vancouver

Tormentius to PeZzy

to PeZzy

Another firmware failure

Against all instincts I installed 1.44 for the SX41 last night. What a mess. UPnP forwarding stopped functioning altogether. Is this EVER tested before its posted at Linksys?!?!!? Went back to 1.43.4 and its as solid as ever.
mbg5
join:2002-03-29

mbg5

Testing would only make it take longer for it to be released. And since you know it isn't going to work anyway, why bother testing it?
n4cer
join:2000-09-23
Birmingham, AL

n4cer to FF6

to FF6

I have reflashed to 1.44 and done the "fix" for UPnP. Waiting now for the Internet Connection icon to appear in my Network Connections properties.
JohnnyP3
join:2000-12-30
Wilmette, IL

JohnnyP3 to PeZzy

to PeZzy
Loaded 1.44 on my "41", applied the fix and no icon. Back to 1.43.

WLiley
Woodman
Premium Member
join:2000-12-01
Grand Blanc, MI

WLiley to FF6

Premium Member

to FF6
said by FF6:

It's in your Network Connections, in your Control Panel.
::snickers::

[text was edited by author 2002-11-29 16:36:53]

Nope, it's not. (heavy sigh)
jmet7
join:2002-10-12
Zephyrhills, FL

jmet7 to PeZzy

to PeZzy
Well i updated my BEFSX41 to the new firmaware and it stopped forwarding port 80 and port 21 requests to the specified server's ip.

Even after a reset and reboot of the router..

Also when playing divx files etc. across the network they stuttered and hung up..

Flashed back to 1.43.4 and all is well again...