Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dtdslreports

join:2002-12-18
Oceanside, CA
reply to HomeLvr

Re: New Offer

count me in. i prefer to go for 12 mo contract at $40/mo with discount gateway. or perhap $50/mo including 5 static addresses with discounted modem.

noone2000
Crunch On
Premium
join:2001-10-04
Haverhill, MA
reply to HomeLvr
I am also looking at them - I qualify with them also so let me know I already contacted them 12/19 and had them e-mail the contract. The sales rep didn't seem to know if they would be able to do anything but I am waiting to see if we can get a deal with them before doing anything more, one thing which would be nice would be a hot swap or a quick transition to avoid a prolonged downtime of 2 to 3 weeks.

keep up the great flow of info
--
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people?

Neoprimal

join:2002-09-13
Alexandria, VA
reply to HomeLvr
I know I'm close to the Bellsouth Center, if they waive the 99 setup then I'd definately be in - till then I'm checking on Speakeasy and MSN.

erasure

@telocity.com
reply to ninersfan
count me in for cyberonic

wetback

join:2001-09-11
Marietta, GA
reply to C_Joz
said by C_Joz:
Sales rep at Cyberonic promised me only 384/256 for $49. I'm 13550 ft. from CO. I'm in Chicago,Il. Had to go with Speakeasy. ...
I got the same quote, they said I'm 14500 feet away, but ALL the other ISP and DSLR also reports me at 12500.
--
I am here to chew bubble gum and kick ass... and I'm all outta bubble gum!!
If it wasn't for flashbacks, I wouldn't have any memory.
Memo to self: Do not shoot the truck carrying the nuclear warhead.
Need...More...Duct...Tape

CitYbYdBaY

join:2002-12-10
San Francisco, CA
reply to ninersfan
hey count me in too i want cyberonic dsl too....
i get 1305/100 out of 1500/128 on dtv dsl
and im 10822 away from my CO......
»/speedtests/13···39692474

flagencom

join:2001-12-28
San Francisco, CA
reply to HomeLvr
Hey, Ahaxton, have you contacted Cyberonic yet?

flagencom

join:2001-12-28
San Francisco, CA
reply to HomeLvr
Tech guy in Cyberonic told me that "Hot Swap" in one day it's bullshit, and he doesn't believe you can change it so fast. Anyone had experience?

ninersfan

join:2001-02-09
Castro Valley, CA
It seems DTV may be giving some kind of blanket release/authorization to "certain" providers to do something like this. Speakeasy going through Covad and Covad itself seems to have this ability. I suspect either that cyberonic doesn't have this authorization or due to it being on the Worldcom backbone that is somehow handled differently. But, the anticipated downtime is definitely a big factor in my decision.

I'm more likely to go with the best price/most service/least downtime combination of factors I can find, then switch again later if need be.
--
Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

xv920

join:2002-08-27
San Jose, CA
reply to HomeLvr
I have one question regarding Cyberonic's 18-month pre-paid
plan. I understand you pay it all upfront about $700-800.

Is it like, what, you pay that huge sum one time and use
the service for 18 months without paying a dime monthly?
What happens in 18 months? You start paying monthly?
For how much?

ninersfan

Castro Valley, CA
download1500768mtmADSL.zip 48,933 bytes
I'm not sure but would suspect you would either negotiate a new contract at that time, go month to month or be free to change service (actually you would probably be free to change service at any time you desire....same as those on the month to month plan).

I've got a copy of the month to month agreement here if anyone wants to see the details. Would be interesting to see the terms of the other contract though.
--

kassaal

join:2000-07-22
Oakland, CA
reply to xv920
Count me in as well. I have prequalified and have a contract in hand. I would really like it if the activation could be negotiated down.

pinky321

join:2002-06-05
reply to xv920
said by xv920:
Is it like, what, you pay that huge sum one time and use the service for 18 months without paying a dime monthly? What happens in 18 months? You start paying monthly? For how much?
Once you pre-paid for 18-month DSL service, you don't pay anything for 18 months. After that it will be whatever they offer then and what you decide to go with, it could be anything, lower/higher price, term or month-to-month.

xv920

San Jose, CA
reply to ninersfan
I have already fetched it on the WorldCom forum.

And I was about to ask if anybody has the doc for
the pre-paid plan, instead of MTM.

It would be a huge saving in 18 months about $200
if you went for it. But I know it would be a risky
move. Saving or risk, that is the question.

halz

join:2002-12-20
Campbell, CA
reply to HomeLvr
I too am interested..

treebjen

join:2000-12-21
San Francisco, CA
reply to HomeLvr
Definitely interested in this. How would it work logistically? One point person would gather all info and present to Cyberonics? What about CC #s?

edcenzon

join:2002-09-04
San Jose, CA
reply to HomeLvr
Count me in -- at least until Tuesday next week. I hated thinking about the 2-week downtime (or longer), but it sounds like we're getting the most bang for the buck with Cyberonics. I'm still wavering between Cyberonics and Covad's Telesoho (1500/384, static IP @$69.95) or Speakeasy's DirectSwitch Plus (1500/128, static @$59.95), but that's mainly because they both offer minimal downtime. I really like the U/L speed we're gonna get with Cyberonics (I'd even pay the full $99 activation - YIKES!) but I don't really want to be without broadband for so long. I hope to make a decision by Tuesday so I can have a new ISP by the beginning of January.
Thanks for all your efforts, AHaxton!

slydslr

join:2002-12-20
San Francisco, CA
reply to HomeLvr
me too

Tunisia1

join:2002-08-22
Chicago, IL
reply to HomeLvr
Add us to the list. We're looking for month to month service only.

HomeLvr
Premium
join:2002-01-01
Atlanta, GA

2 recommendations

reply to HomeLvr
Hello Everyone,

I got the WAIVED FEE Deal worked out!!!!

Tom from Cyberonics has told me we need 100 people. Please E-mail me (ahaxton@directvinternet.com) or Private Message your phone number and address and I can get your info to Cyberonics. Cyberonics will call you to set up everything; I won't be in contact with you.

ADSL - 1.5m/768k bps

$49.99 a month

Set-Up Fee Waived! (100 People), if we only get 50, $50 Set-Up Fee

No Contract! Cancel Anytime

One static IP included. Add $10 to upgrade to five static IPs.

Customer equipment is provided at no additional cost.

Features and Benefits:
Fast backbone connectivity, Full-time Internet access, Unlimited access, 5 email accounts, 10mb web space, Secure end to end connection, Cost effective, Scaleable, First class support by expert network support engineers, Robust and reliable networking, 24x7 Network watch

Regards,
Alex Haxton
[text was edited by author 2002-12-20 18:12:08]

[text was edited by author 2002-12-20 18:20:59]

xv920

San Jose, CA
reply to HomeLvr
Alex, was it worked out yet?
Let's hear some updates please.
I am very anxious to know what is going on!

HomeLvr
Premium
Atlanta, GA
reply to HomeLvr
see bottom of page 3

ninersfan

Castro Valley, CA
reply to HomeLvr
I sent you my information so I will await more specific details before taking any further action on my end.
--

dtdslreports

join:2002-12-18
Oceanside, CA
reply to HomeLvr
deal isnt for me. i rather to have it at 40/mo. looks like i will be on my own.

ninersfan

Castro Valley, CA
said by dtdslreports:
deal isnt for me. i rather to have it at 40/mo. looks like i will be on my own.
Dude! You can't be serious.
nobody was ever talking about 40/mo here, your barking up the wrong tree if you ever expected to get anything worthwhile for that pittance.
--

HomeLvr
Premium
Atlanta, GA
reply to HomeLvr
Its hard to get dsl for that price. Id recommend you to then get cable from your cable company.

HomeLvr
Premium
Atlanta, GA
reply to HomeLvr
What other details do you need niner?

Do you mean from Cyberonic?

ninersfan

Castro Valley, CA

said by HomeLvr:
What other details do you need niner?

Do you mean from Cyberonic?
Yes, from them.

When I talked to Joe there he told me I needed to have my line free before I could sign-up first of all, at least if they will contact me and confirm I am a part of this deal and any action I need to take is sufficient for me as I think I understand how you have this thing working anyway.

The sooner they can confirm I am a part of this group and any action needed on my part the better I think (even if they don't have participation levels in place yet, I will take whatever they work out here myself, 50 or 100 I guess).
[text was edited by author 2002-12-20 18:34:50]

HomeLvr
Premium
Atlanta, GA

reply to HomeLvr
I wonder can Cyberonics do hot-swap?
What sux now is I cant get Adelphia Powerlink in my area which I would have liked while I am without DSL. For some reason I still think in my head I can get their cable internet but the local sales office says we dont even service your area even though we get their cable odd eh?

I wonder if I should just buy the self startup kit and see if it synchs and then I should be able to see if I can get it or not.
[text was edited by author 2002-12-20 18:37:06]

smerch

join:2002-12-19
Chicago, IL
reply to HomeLvr

Re: hot swap

When I had words with them the other day, they said no, they can not do hot swaps.