spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

craigsta

@telocity.com

768 SDSL@$49.00/mo -- no complaints here.

I was a Telocity customer running on the Rhythms network. I got a deal on 768 SDSL with a static IP and ran my own domain out of my apartment--running my own webserver, ftp, email, SSH, VNC, filesharing networks, and everything else I could think of. When Telocity and Rhythms went out of business I was really worried that I'd be limited to a PPOE connection with a lousy 128kbps upload through DirecTVDSL. Fortunately they picked up my circuit and I kept my awesome deal. I never had any outages beyond one 2 hour stint and so I never had to deal with what everyone says is lousy support. So I have no complaints with DTVDSL and I know I won't find as good of a deal anywhere else. But does anyone know of a comparable deal out there? Speakeasy looks like my best option (static IP is a must) but I'm still going to have to pay almost $90 to keep a respectable 768Kbps upload speed. Anyone know of anything better available in the midwest?

Voyager2K2

join:2001-10-04
Wayne, PA
LOL
Your class of service at that price has consistently been the kiss of death for anyone who provisioned it.
Let's see; NPT, Rhythms. Thank goodness you were a legacy customer for Covad.
You were a very lucky guy to fall through the cracks at DirectTV.
But honestly, you were probably costing them more than you paid for that service (Talking about usage potential. No I don't know you or your usage habits. You have to admit, that type of usage potential was there)