Mats
Here kitty and the chimp. Smash
Premium Member
join:2002-03-16

2 recommendations

Mats to Jackie_Chan

Premium Member

to Jackie_Chan

Re: How is NOD32 as an email scanner compared to NAV?

Click for full size
i use KAV and did this test that Marti is talking about. i disabled my antivirus monitor. i sent myself an email infected with a virus. i then received the email in my inbox. so i had it in my inbox and my sent items folder with an attachment that was a virus. i then did a scan with the settings that are in the pic. after the scan, the report showed that it found the virus and deleted it. i checked outlook and my inbox still had the same amount of mail as before the scan except the email with the virus attached to it did not have an attachment anymore. my sent items folder was the same as well.
and just to make sure i did the test right(like Marti wants) i changed the setting for KAV to ask the user what it should do when it encounters a virus during a scan. i then scanned my machine and when it found the virus, i told it to delete it. after all of this, my outlook inbox and sent items folders were still there with all of my emails. except the email with the virus attachment didnt have the attachment anymore..

i find it hard to believe that someone could blame what NOD32 does with email folders, after its told to delete a virus, is outlooks fault. passing the buck as usual.

NOD should fix this problem. and i bet they will.
[text was edited by author 2003-01-14 00:07:32]

[text was edited by author 2003-01-14 02:38:09]

[text was edited by author 2003-01-14 02:41:43]