spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ddruker

join:2000-08-13
Palo Alto, CA

DTV Migration to Cyberonic: Are you live yet ?

I signed up on 12/24. Received the Router on January 3rd. But I'm still not live yet. An e-mail reply I received from dsl@cyberonic.com last week said that I was at "Stage 4" of their 5 stage process - this indicated that Pacific Bell had committed to do whatever incantations needed to be done over my line by 1/24, and that it would be 2 business days after that to be up on Cyberonic.

But today is 1/28 and still no joy.

Are most of you that signed up during the big DTV migration live, or are you still waiting like me ?
[text was edited by author 2003-01-28 22:35:59]

td100776
Premium
join:2002-12-19
Manalapan NJ
I ordered on 12/24 and went live on 1/24

HAL6664

join:2003-01-15
Beverly Hills, CA
reply to ddruker
You must me caught in a black hole. I ordered on 01/07, got my router on 01/14 and was live but with some issues on 01/17 with everything finally fixed and completely up on 01/20 (note that I placed my order for service on a phone line that never had DSL service & therefore did NOT need to be released). Is it possible that a majority of DTV customers are on the West coast which means PacBell is swamped?

FlyboyEd

join:2002-02-02
Sterling, VA
reply to ddruker
I had DTV and had great service at a great price. I heard thru the grapevine what was happening about 2 days before it went public so I tried to beat the rush.

I called DTV and terminated service. (even the poor rep did not know what was coming). As soon as I did that, I decided to go with Verizon so I called and placed an order. No activation and 29.99 per month for 6 months at 640k and then it went to 49.99 per month after that. For 59.99 per month you could request the 1.5 plan. So my plan was to use the 6 months at 29.99 and then at the six month get the 1.5.

I was without DSL for about a week. White Westtell modem came and all was good. I was on QWEST GSP and live in VA. I did some speed tests and was getting 700 down and 100 up. As expected. Then like 3 days later and for about 7 days after that.... speeds were like 200 down. and even as low as 40k. I called and emailed verizon tech support 20+ times. The answer was always the same.. "As long as you are connected all is well and we dont guarantee speeds". When I asked the,, "but shouldnt my download speed be a) as fast as i had before, or b) faster than my DIAL account???" They still said as long as I was connected, their job as tech support was done.

I also found out THEN, that other DTV customers just got switched to verizon with no equipment changes or service interuption or anything. (but you did also not get the 29.00 per month deal). Now I have a DTV modem.. anyone need it? (flyboyed@aol.com).

So.. I got frustrated and called and cancelled Verizon. My service will be taken down by Friday they say and I have already placed my order for Cyberonic. So I am excited to pay 49.99 per month for 1500 down and 700 up. If all works well after a couple months, I will pre-pay the 18 months and get it all for 39.99 per month.. for that speed and a static IP I am afraid that this might be a "too good to be true" situation.. but I have my fingers crossed.

Ed

HeavyIron
Premium
join:2003-01-01
Orange, CA
I ordered on 12/31, modem came on 1/8. Line was to be switched over on 1/21.
I still have nothing!

Last time I called Cyberonic they said that the line was still being tested/provisioned and then they would be shipping out the equipment to me if all went well.

I wonder if I shouldn't have told them that I already received their router? Maybe they would've sent another.

Yeah, the support is worthless... even if you get through

roberthalton

join:2003-01-10
San Francisco, CA
Stuck in the black hole. it seems like I am setup incorrect on the dslam.

I have link lights, and can ping the gateway/telenet to it.

but no connection to the outside world.

twodogs

join:2001-08-17
Pahrump, NV
reply to ddruker
I cancelled DTV on 12/16/02, ordered Cyberonic on 12/18/02, and was live 1/4/03, and there were two major holidays in that period...
--
Madness takes its toll...Please have exact change ready !

HeavyIron
Premium
join:2003-01-01
Orange, CA
twodogs is a luckydog!

fiber4me

join:2002-02-27
Palo Alto, CA
reply to ddruker
ddruker...I'm located in PA too. I ordered my Dsl 12/17. Didn't go live till 1/17. One whole month...Tech support at Cyberonic blames PacBell...opps...SBC. But the ends justifies the means...I get about 1200/600. Much better then DTV at 1100/80 on a 1500/128 pipe. Stay with it.

majoba

join:2003-01-08
Fremont, CA
reply to ddruker
i ordered on 01/09 and cyberonic said i would be live on 01/24 or 01/25. my modem was shipped on 01/22 but when i didn't receive it by 01/25, i called cyberonic and was told a modem was never shipped to me. they said they would ship the modem after the line is ready. someone at cyberonic doesn't know what they're talking about cause i received my modem on 01/27. but my line is still not active now.

IgorKane

@66.58.x.x
reply to ddruker
Ordered 12/25/02, fully up on 1/10/03 with 1.5/768 as promised.

CitYbYdBaY

join:2002-12-10
San Francisco, CA
reply to ddruker
I ordered on 12/23/02 and was live like 1/19/03.
I was capped at 768/384, but I called Cyberonic to raise my cap to 1536/768. But my speeds test results are 652/620.
I haven't called Cyberonic about that yet, I figure they are still overloaded. When they are not so busy I'll try to call them up about that.

bcourt7

join:2002-12-20
Brentwood, CA
reply to ddruker
Ordered 12/23. Cyberonic twice screwed up my address information when submitting my info. to Worldcom. Finally on Tuesday I got through and was told my line would be tested yesterday and would be active 2-3 days after that. When I got home yesterday I noticed the green light on my DTV modem blinking and I no longer have a connection. I'm hoping that's a good sign although apparently some people have received email from DTV stating that they are beginning to shut down their network so it could be that.

Still haven't received my Cyberonic router. They said they will ship after the line test.

Chingatch

@dsl.lsan03.pacbell.n
reply to ddruker
Ordered on 1-15-03, Router came 1-28-03,
plugged it in 1-29-03.

I called (sales) once a couple days before it came
to see what's up, they said someone would call me back... (LIE!)

Deleted all old DTV stuff, & OLDER "FreeDSL" stuff!

Set networking in W98 to "Get address automatically"
and Voila! 1280dn/580up!

(I'm in Van Nuys (S.F.V./L.A), CA)

Still need to find out why I can't reach my Web/FTP servers??? ;-(

Got my IP# from www.grc.com ShieldsUp test page.
Is that my REAL IP#?

Bye,
/////ANDRE

barry_c

join:2002-08-27
San Jose, CA
If you're obtaining IP address automatically (192.168.x.x), then your router is in NAT mode.
You need to call Cyberonic to set your router into bridged mode and they'll give you your real static IP.
Look for "bridged mode" posts in the forum.

der1269
Premium
join:2003-01-08
Livonia, MI
reply to ddruker
ordered on the 4th, received router 10th, link light started blinking on the 22nd, still doesn't connect. but like 30 min. ago it connected, correct upload but only 500k or so download. weird. can ping router, but no outside access. can also telnet. tech support still unavailable.
--
Welcome to Popov America, our new headquarters is in Italy!

roberthalton

join:2003-01-10
San Francisco, CA
reply to Chingatch
Up yesterday with help from nick..

see my post on help for the cisco 678

rtam2

join:2001-04-12
San Francisco, CA
reply to ddruker
Ordered 1/6. Line transitioned on 1/22, but did not receive Speedstream router until 1/29. Reason given for the delay was that there was some voltage problems on my line at the DSLAM, and they held off shipping the router until that was corrected. Anyway, switched to bridge mode on 1/30 and no complaints yet.

Hang in there if you are still waiting.

ddruker

Palo Alto, CA
reply to ddruker
Still waiting - the good news is the hold time was only about 10 minutes tonight. The bad news is that I'm still not hooked up and the person I talked to had no idea when it might happen.

bcourt7

join:2002-12-20
Brentwood, CA

reply to ddruker
Line transitioned 1/29. Just called to find out when my router will ship. Amazingly they actually gave me a tracking number although I see that they shipped it UPS ground so who knows how long it will take to arrive in California. The guy was more courteous this time and was able to transfer me to a girl who gave me my dial-up information. Maybe things are looking up. I have a feeling there will be at least a few more phone calls before I'm up and running.
[text was edited by author 2003-02-03 13:53:40]

PHMedeiros

join:2002-12-21
Hollywood, FL
reply to ddruker
It has been six weeks since I signed up for their service. After getting 8 different stories from as many CSRs, I still have no service from them. As of tomorrow morning, I am just going elsewhere. Maybe after a year or two, they'll realize I have one of their routers. But then again, probably not! Good luck to you all who are still waiting. Regards

ddruker

Palo Alto, CA
reply to ddruker
I'm still being patient, but I've sent three e-mails to dsl@cyberonic.com asking for an update on status over the last 10 days and received no replies...

ddruker

Palo Alto, CA
reply to ddruker
So the saga is over. A couple of days ago my line came up on the worldcom network. My router turned out to be misconfigured, so the cyberonic tech support couldn't remotely work on it. Today I was able to get through to them pretty quickly and a guy named Mike with a pretty good eastern european accent (russian?) walked me through typing in a script to reset the router. Once the router was properly configured he was able to telnet to it and get it into bridged mode.

Just ran my first speed test and got 1260 down / 650 up. Pretty damn good. Now let's just home these guys stay in business !

CitYbYdBaY

San Francisco, CA
Nice speed test results. How far are you away from CO?

ddruker

Palo Alto, CA
reply to ddruker
I've got no idea. How does one find out ?

CitYbYdBaY

San Francisco, CA
u can find your distance from CO using this link »/prequal
im 10820 from CO

ddruker

Palo Alto, CA
reply to ddruker
6280 feet...