uniqs
share rss forum feed

highhatsize
Norm, The Basset For All Time
Premium
join:2001-02-08
Spring, TX

Steady Speed In SF during Business Hours

After weeks of speed crashes down to 600/300 or less during business hous, I've been cruising at 1200+/600 since Monday. I just got a test to LA at 1300/601. I have no idea what provisioning service entails, but perhaps Worldcom does scheduled maintenance adjustments to accommodate increased loads and thats what happened to me. And maybe this will happen to all the other posters who are new customers experiencing the same problem.

CitYbYdBaY

join:2002-12-10
San Francisco, CA
Who did you talk to about your speed problems?

highhatsize
Premium
Spring, TX
I spoke to John Phelan at cyberonic who indicated that his supervisor had approved a "trouble ticket" to be sent to Worldcom. Three days later, the speed troubles were gone. But I think that may be a coincidence. That's too short a period for a trouble ticket to be acted upon. No?

CitYbYdBaY

San Francisco, CA
Thats kinda of what happen to me when i called cyberonic and asked them to lift my caps, they said something about a trouble ticket and called worldcom and the next day my caps were lifted. so im thinking they did some changes to your profile at the dslam in the CO. i haven't called cyberonic yet to see why my download isn't anywhere close to 1536. im think it has something to do with the router/modem 5861 , maybe the settings are off or something i don't know.

CitYbYdBaY

San Francisco, CA

Or maybe they have to change the profile at the dslam at my CO. So how are your speeds B_harmless still steady? Can you give me any advice on what to do to get my speeds up?
[text was edited by author 2003-02-03 07:05:40]

highhatsize
Premium
Spring, TX
reply to highhatsize
To CitYbYdBaY:

I really don't know much about DSL, but my research indicates that speeds are capped in DSL because the customer is so far from the CO that higher speeds cannot be maintained reliably. Your upload speed has now increased to about 600, hasn't it? Maybe 768 download is that best you can expect from your address. Do you have any reason for believing that higher speeds are possible?

CitYbYdBaY

San Francisco, CA
when i had dtv dsl i was getting 1305/100 out of 1500/128.

highhatsize
Premium
Spring, TX
reply to highhatsize
To CitYbYdBay:

Sounds like a problem for WorldCom. You'll probably have to convince cyberonic to issue a trouble ticket to WorldCom with your phone number before the speed will improve. In my case, the trouble ticket was approved by the "supervisor" some days after I notified them of the problem. (Actually, I think the the "supervisor" is probably all of the customer service representatives' collective opinions.)