Castle Rock, CO
reply to Special Agent Jack B

Re: Midwest IPs began resolving today

Looks like we have all been switched to XXXX.airportcode.us.uu.net

Nothing better to do I guess.

HAL6664

join:2003-01-15
Beverly Hills, CA
It looks like you are right on that; except in my case the airport indentifier that they used is 58 miles away from my house. There are two other closer major airports they could have chosen in closer proximity to my house. Check out your airport code here:

»www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/a···code.htm

Hooper
Premium
join:2001-10-22
Castle Rock, CO
Yeah my airport code is the regional airport outside of Philly and 20 miles further away. You would think they would use Philadelphia International which is closer. Go figure.

chex5

join:2000-05-24
NorthEnd BOS
reply to Hooper
Onnet ??? What does that stand for?? And yeah Brian, I couldn't agree more, the techs are so bored they can go around re-arranging the DNS layout of all the POP's in the country???? man o man...

- Chex
--
Sung to the old New England Telephone Ad Jingle: " We're the only one New Eng-Lund, Hell-Ri-zon Tele-phonnnnne! "

Hooper
Premium
Castle Rock, CO

Onnet is Worldcom's DSL service. See --> »www.worldcom.com/global/about/ne···latency/

By the way the site is blazing fast.

Of course there is also an off-net service. And contrary to what you might think it isn't referring to those customers who down. Although they do have a SLA for that --> »www.worldcom.com/global/terms/sla/dsl/
[text was edited by author 2003-02-05 00:47:25]

chex5

NorthEnd BOS
Hmm:

Thats a wierd site. They list Onnet like (on-net). almost like its a term, not a brand name. This company is so wierd. Site is not fast for me stuck on Hell-Rizon DSL. The Akamai.net-served graphics came in pretty butt slow, actually. Of course its fast for you Bri... its all uunet to uunet connections!

-- Chex still waiting for a Cyber FOC date.
--
Sung to the old New England Telephone Ad Jingle: " We're the only one New Eng-Lund, Hell-Ri-zon Tele-phonnnnne! "

Hooper
Premium
Castle Rock, CO
Actually I was joking about the speed. They might want to alter their SLA to reflect their own site's latency.

Maybe I should use more trinkets or emoticons to show my sarcasm!

chex5

NorthEnd BOS
Hee Hee:

Ahhh, yes. Sorry Brian, I guess were a little too straight-laced to realize that you were joking! Thats cool.

- Stefan
--