uniqs

vbp6us
Intel Overclocker
join:2002-10-16
San Diego, CA

vbp6us

MN-100 Port Forwarding...not working!

Hi,

I just got my MN-100. I replaced it w/ my Linksys because of the drops i was getting. Anyways. Setting the thing up was simple and fast. I like the look and dont really care about the logging which everyone else is weary about.

My problem is the port-forwarding. Im using the persistent option and it's not working. I changed my httpd.conf file for apache and the virtualhosts are now "Namevirtualhosts 192.168.2.27" instead of "Namevirtualhosts 192.168.1.1"

Im almost positive the server side of my computer is fine. Its the portforwarding that is messed up.
I might be doing it wrong. can some one please help me w/ this? Im putting "webserver" for the description. 80 for the first inbound box and nothing for the box after the -. Then im putting 192.168.2.27(my internal ip for the linux box) and then 80 for private and nothing in the second box after the -.

What im i doing wrong? Apache is running too.
nifkin
join:2002-12-29
Annapolis, MD

nifkin

i had the same problem with my MN-100 and posted a thread about it a while back, someone in that thread was able to put my long-winded description into a brief and reasonable description (thanks Brian):

"Loopback is not supported in the router, so you have to use machine names."

vbp6us
Intel Overclocker
San Diego, CA

vbp6us

How do i do that? I mean..you can only put the last octate of the ip. Please explain. Is yours working by taking Brians advice?
[text was edited by author 2003-02-14 18:54:29]
nifkin
join:2002-12-29
Annapolis, MD

nifkin

if you want to test if it's working you need to have someone OUTSIDE your network try to connect to stuff using the names specified by DNS (whatever.whatever.com, etc.), from inside the router you need to refer to things as http://machinename/. if you're using name based virtual hosts in apache i'm not sure how to check on them from inside your router...

vbp6us
Intel Overclocker
San Diego, CA

vbp6us

BUT how...Where on the router? Im looking at the persistent screen and cant see anywhere to put that in! Like i said...i can only put the last octate in.
eg. 192.168.2.__ then the ports. Nothing else. So where are you talking about>??
vbp6us

vbp6us

Nevermind...Thanks to Brian it's working and fine now.