uniqs
share rss forum feed

trinity0
Premium
join:2002-11-10
UK

voting for threads

pls can you help me with the following:

1. I've been reading the FAQs lately and i totally forgot that i shouldn't vote for jokes, or, vote up a thread if it is not archive-worthy... forgive me for i have sinned... so what do i do now... in fact, do i need to do anything about it at all?

2. is it all right to vote up a post that i am a part of as long as i am not the original poster... (whether i am in agreement with the poster or not on methods\issues etc is irrelevant since it cuts both ways sometimes) just a general, probably unnecessary, question.

3. mods often come up with wonderful pearls of wisdom and i often want to vote up their post but i am reluctant to because i think a)it might be percieved as creepy b)they don't really need us to vote them up since they know their pearls of widom are usually appreciated.

thanks in advance
--
"be careful of the toes you step on today, they may be connected to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow"

samburgers
Premium
join:2001-05-23
Vancouver, BC

1. That's ok, what's done is done. Just leave it. It won't hurt

2. Yes you may. It's YOUR decision.

3. Yes! Of course! Mods are people too, you know! They like those little encouragement thumbs up as much as you do!
--
Find ET ... SETI@Home
Find Cancer Cure ... Team Discovery
Save Earth ... Team Ecology

trinity0
Premium
UK

said by samburgers:
3. Yes! Of course! Mods are people too, you know! They like those little encouragement thumbs up as much as you do!
i've sat and re-read many mods posts just because they contain tiny nuggets of wisdom. i really want to vote it up but spend five minutes trying to decide... "how can i vote for a mod?" i think i've done it once! lol...

thanks for answering all my questions with the brevity i desire
--
"be careful of the toes you step on today, they may be connected to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow"

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14

1 recommendation

reply to trinity0

1. Either do nothing, or IM the forum mod and just tell him/her that you goofed. Not a big deal.

2. That's fine.

3. Sure, if you think it's worth a thumb, vote up their post. You'd be surprised how much those thumbs mean to us.
--
just to clear things up

trinity0
Premium
UK

cheers fatness...

said by fatness:
3. Sure, if you think it's worth a thumb, vote up their post. You'd be surprised how much those thumbs mean to us.
glad to hear it... i wonder how many other members don't vote up a mods post for reasons similar to my own? perhaps one for the Voting FAQs? i've written one up and was going to send it to Capt... i thought samburgers answer would be perfect... only i've no idea whether its a frequently asked question because i can't read peoples minds lol... what do you think?
--

KeysCapt
FAQ Master
join:2001-07-11
Carson City, NV
kudos:1

Go ahead and submit it in the Site FAQ: »Site FAQ
I'll take a look and see if I can add it.

trinity0
Premium
UK
reply to trinity0

thx.. will do!