reply to Thrawn2
yup.

Scott
Premium
join:2002-09-30
Indianapolis, IN
reply to Thrawn2
**Object**
something like this can go in the announcements tab or Justin can easily put it on the homepage.
in addition, this site is not about awards, it is about helping people and having fun. awards are nice though.
--
My Chatting Website!
Join & Post!

Thrawn2
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Premium
join:2001-04-09
Davenport, IA
reply to Thrawn2
Lord you people are freaken crazy. Ohh god no i suggest that Dslreports have alittle vanity and have a trophy case like link.

Now some peeps act like i asked them to hold the site and turn it into why dslreports rocks webpage. Cool down.
--
If i had the money i would do COKE.

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Premium,Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South
kudos:1

1 recommendation

I don't think anyone is going "freaken crazy". The purpose of this forum is for people to suggests new features, as you appropriately have done. Others than respond whether they agree or not whether they feel it should be implemented, as they have appropriately done.

I don't think anyone would feel that strongly if an awards section or link was created or not, but there are some who may feel it is a worthwhile addition and some who do not feel it is necessary.

I have also suggested New Features and there were some who liked the idea and others who objected. I personally welcomed all feedback. Our role is to suggest and give feedback, and then it is Justin's job to decide whether he wishes to implement the suggestion.

Personally, I don't think your idea is a bad one, I just don't see it as being of any additional benefit to the site. Again, as you can see there are others that do not agree with me. The nice thing in particular about this forum is that we can usually all agree to disagree.

Arelay
They call me Obi-Ron
Premium
join:2002-08-14
kudos:2
yup.

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to Thrawn2
No..

it'll look cheesy just like every other "hey, look how big our johnson outboard motor is"

Techie2000
In Vertigo
Premium
join:2001-12-05
ROFL!

Thrawn2
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Premium
Davenport, IA
reply to Thrawn2
ok ok i am sorry. For calling people crazy. I guess im like whats the harm But you are right there is that chance it could come off that DSlreports is blowing its own horn.

BUT it is deserving.
--
If i had the money i would do COKE.

removed
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-08
Houston, TX
kudos:40

reply to Thrawn2
This is 'kinda' an awards section.... »/aboutdsl/press

The "About Us" page really needs to be updated.

Edit: *object* - no need to gloat.
[text was edited by author 2003-04-16 05:33:09]

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
reply to Thrawn2
*neutral*

A low-key, tasteful display of site awards and mentions would show the pats on the back the site has received, which would be good. On the other hand, to some readers it may imply that the site is endorsed by, or has some business relationship with, those bestowing the awards, which would be bad.
--
just to clear things up

Shanto20
Don't Frown, Be Brown
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Scarsdale, NY
reply to Thrawn2
i stand *neutral* as well. dslr deserves it, but its not really helping in any way.

Garbs
Mudhole? Slimy? My home this is.
Premium,MVM
join:2002-08-27
Garden State
reply to Thrawn2
*Sign*

Nothing wrong with this idea.

Jercee5
Letum Suspecto

join:2002-08-11
Australia
reply to Thrawn2
*Sign*

As long as it's tastefully done and placed somewhere appropriate it is a good idea. This site serves many useful and entertainment purposes and deserves a little recognition.
--
This message is not spam it is being sent to you in compliance with the current Federal legislation.

Flagger
Premium
join:2001-08-10
Weimville

1 recommendation

reply to Thrawn2
Just an FYI, this idea is now online. Not necessarily awards, but mentions in print, online and elsewhere.

»/aboutdsl/
--
Don't sweat the petty things ... and don't pet the sweaty things!

[text was edited by author 2003-04-16 17:05:58]

Thrawn2
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Premium
Davenport, IA
reply to Thrawn2
Cool thanks for the link/