skyjock41
Shag Diesel
Premium Member
join:2001-12-11
Patrick Afb, FL

skyjock41

Premium Member

[request] Views

Why cant all the forums have the stat of how many people have viewed your post like the for sale or trade forum? Id like to see this feature in every other forum i post in.

slash
MVM
join:2001-03-01
Boston

slash

MVM

Re: Views

It's a strain on the database and would slow the site down considerably (or so I've been told).

Discussed just a few days ago: »What happened to the "post viewed" x times?

skyjock41
Shag Diesel
Premium Member
Patrick Afb, FL

skyjock41

Premium Member

This website owns......if what you said is true then they need to charge a fee to everyone(no more freeloaders). A one time premium fee of 10.00 then a yearly fee of say $5.00, i know id be willing to pay it. Its going to take us....the people.....to make this place better.

Optimized
MVM,
join:2001-05-03
Ringwood, NJ

Optimized to skyjock41

MVM,

to skyjock41
Here is another thread with the same request from February »[request] Thread view count

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South

skj to skyjock41

Mod

to skyjock41
Not that I personally need to know that stat., if it could be done without slowing down the site, It could be a useful feature for some. But, as stated above, it has been requested a number of times before and it has not been added, so it probably won't happen.

removed
Premium Member
join:2002-02-08
Houston, TX

1 recommendation

removed to skyjock41

Premium Member

to skyjock41
No more freeloaders? That would pretty much turn this website into AOL or something. This is one of the last 'free help' sites (of this size) on the 'net.

I don't think anyone wants that going away.

skyjock41
Shag Diesel
Premium Member
Patrick Afb, FL

skyjock41 to skj

Premium Member

to skj
said by skj:
Not that I personally need to know that stat., if it could be done without slowing down the site, It could be a useful feature for some. But, as stated above, it has been requested a number of times before and it has not been added, so it probably won't happen.
So basically from what ive seen is that everyone wants it but they wont add it. Thats a bummer!

removed
Premium Member
join:2002-02-08
Houston, TX

removed

Premium Member

Premium memberships, tool points, and speedtest licenses don't mean anything to you? Those are used to generate revenue.

I'm not sure what kind of PROFIT (if any) BBR makes, but the site probably gets enough donations and such to keep it going.

justin See Profile or one of his cronies (;)) would know more about this than us.

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness to skyjock41

to skyjock41
said by skyjock41:
So basically from what ive seen is that everyone wants it but they wont add it.
Sort of, but not exactly. A lot of people want it, but the ability to do it without slowing down the site doesn't exist at present.

Spider Man
Read Christopher Hitchens.
Premium Member
join:2002-12-11

Spider Man to skyjock41

Premium Member

to skyjock41
owned has the right idea...