spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

System

You guys rock!!!!!!!!

Many many thanks to the advice on my previous post. After switching the nic from one pci slot to another....it finally works!!! Took the factory compaq modem out and put in the nic in its place. These are my test results....1250 down and 132 up. the 132 is a bit dissapointing but I can definitely live with 1250 download speeds.

Flippant
So Much For Subtlety
Premium,Ex-Mod 2000-13
join:2000-06-04
Katy, TX

Well, that is good news. Of all the problems posted, the dreaded "I can't download" is the worst to try and figure out. At least it is usually the NIC. One thing I can tell is that you are a Pronto order so you are really set to go. Don't complain to much about the 132k up, those of us connected to a CO see at least 25% less.

Happy Surfing

System
reply to Anon

Try CCB some time.

Connect but cant browse.

Not fun, its like cancer, alot of cures that work on a few cases, no silver bullet.

Flippant
So Much For Subtlety
Premium,Ex-Mod 2000-13
join:2000-06-04
Katy, TX

said by aramis21:
Try CCB some time.

Connect but cant browse.
Ugh, the problem there is that there are so many possible problems, where to begin. The "I can't download" was pretty bad about a year ago. Some people went MONTHS trying to get it figured out. Now it seems easier. I don't know why, but it always seemed to be SBC customers as well. Maybe this Kingston thing is a magic bullet here, certainly is a very common element.

Ranma
Premium
join:2001-04-28
Houston, TX
reply to Anon

You should start a seperate thread for that.
That way people know it's a seperate thread when they scan the list of topics and they might help if they think they know how to solve it.