spc
Search similar:

uniqs

colin123
@tpgi.com.au

colin123

Anon

ADSL drop out

Hi, I get the following problems with my new Panasonic 2.4ghz cordless phone.

A) Very high interference - phone useless
B) Incoming calls cause ADSL to drop out and again very high interference

Have filter on splitter - any ideas how to deal with this apart from taking the phone back
IAmTheEvilest
There Is Nothing Like A Restart
join:2001-01-03
Milpitas, CA

IAmTheEvilest

said by Colin123:
Hi, I get the following problems with my new Panasonic 2.4ghz cordless phone.

A) Very high interference - phone useless
B) Incoming calls cause ADSL to drop out and again very high interference

It looks as if you are in the wrong forum... Please don't double post.

I'll make it short, add a filter to all your phones. If it still doesn't work, add another filter. And if that doesn't work, you will need a splitter at your MPOE.

Another choice is to move your base station further away from your DSL modem.
Reverend Ike
Premium Member
join:2001-08-24
Sacramento, CA

Reverend Ike to colin123

Premium Member

to colin123

Moving the base station farther away would be the easiest thing to do initially. Also, putting in a "home run" (direct line from your entry box to your modem's wall jack) would probably help (if feasible). Keeping interference-producing appliances (phones, halogen lights, fans, etc.) as far away as possible from your modem is generally recommended.

That said, every situation is different. I have a home run to my home office, but I still have all types of things near my modem and my connection (and telephones) have remained unaffected. Those items include a Siemens 2.4GHz base station 18" from the modem. It could be that the Panasonic model just produces higher-than-average amounts of interference ...

MrFixitCT
pay it forward

join:2000-12-01
Port Charlotte, FL

MrFixitCT to colin123

to colin123
The key, at least as a first thing to try as mentioned above, would be to move the base unit to a different part of the house...