Covington, KY

ARRIS Cable Modem Diagnostic Page Recipe

Prerequistes:

Knowledge of how to change your IP address

Ingredients:

1 Arris Cable Modem
1 Insight Broadband Connection

Recipe:

Change your IP address to 192.168.100.2 (MAKE SURE your gateway is setup to be 192.168.100.1>, then fire up your favorite web browsing utility.
Visit: »192.168.100.1

You'll receive a nice webpage about what the modem has been up to, with 3 different tabs: "STATUS" "HW/SW Versions" and "CM STATE" Status is the one that will be used the most. It doesnt have a whole lot of information regarding things, but it does its best. DOCSDIAG is the best way to retrive information from this modem. You'll have to figure out the community string on your own though, I don't think its the same throughout Insight Land.

Happy Snooping!

whyer

whyerhead

join:2001-12-01
Covington, KY
Oh, also before I forget. Shoutouts to Arris Customer Service for the help with this recipe

Even though the guy didn't exactly sound like he knew what he was doing and that he was scared to hear from an end user, he told me what I needed to know.

johnxfl

join:2002-10-23
New Albany, IN
reply to whyerhead
how do you change your ip address

Rare1

join:2003-05-13
Newburgh, IN
reply to whyerhead
I have the Arris and I just tried this. I am running through a DHCP router and it was a nightmare trying to reset the router and my PC IP back to default. I will let another who has an Arris modem try this.

IGGY
No Guru Just Here To Help
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-30
Chatham, IL

reply to johnxfl

whyerhead

join:2001-12-01
Covington, KY
reply to whyerhead
Maybe I need to clarify a little bit. You need to be directly connected to the modem to do this.

whyer

Rare1

join:2003-05-13
Newburgh, IN
reply to whyerhead
heh..so I gathered!