Talking E-mail

MailBell Email Notification

The Bat

Mail Washer Pro

Cyber-Info Email Notify

MailWasher Free

Other

Votes:104

Please state the reasons why you like the choice that you voted for. Also please feel free to post any information on the choice that you voted for that would be helpful (tips, problems, ect...)

Results from this poll, will be used in helping to build a new FAQ...all input is welcome...

If you don't see the program that you are using listed, please vote other, and then write it in along with any information that you can provide...

Thank you all in advance...

Tim
[text was edited by author 2003-06-11 13:54:54]

[text was edited by author 2003-06-11 16:40:08]

jp0469
JP

join:2000-12-13
Rochester, MA
kudos:1
Other - Pop Peeper »www.poppeeper.com
--
Lather, rinse, repeat

dp
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-08
Greensburg, PA
kudos:7
reply to Chimofu
I use Popcorn to monitor my mail accounts.

What is Popcorn?
Popcorn is a freeware ultra-lightweight POP3/SMTP/ESMTP e-mail client for Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP.

Works as a client/server application, reading mail "directly" from POP3 servers.
Ideally suited for "on the road" mail access, for scanning, reading and sending mail over slow connections.
Supports multiple user profiles, enabling you to read and send mail from any number of accounts.
Requires no installation, no data is saved locally other than a portable .INI file containing account information.
Ideal for cleaning up POP3 accounts, removing spam, unwanted mail, large attachments etc...
Built-in mail editor enables you to compose and send new mail, reply to, forward and re-direct received mail using SMTP or (E)SMTP with authentication.
Fits easily on a floppy or other portable (even read only) media, making it easy carry around at all times

I use Eudora as my mail client.
--
Write your questions down on the back of a $20 dollar bill and send them to me

whmueller
Will

join:2000-10-23
Orchard Park, NY
reply to Chimofu
Another vote for PopPeeper.

meeow
I'm a little spacey
Premium,MVM
join:1999-08-20
Portland, OR
kudos:2

reply to Chimofu
PopPeeper for me too!
I like this program because it uses very little resources, It is very customizable and can empty the mail from Hotmail and Yahoo with out me having to sign in to their site.

»www.poppeeper.com/
[text was edited by author 2003-06-11 20:21:11]

Ericthorn
It only hurts when I laugh
Premium
join:2001-08-10
Paragould, AR
Reviews:
·Paragould.net
·Paragould.net

reply to Chimofu
Well.. at one time I would have said 3D mail effects. I was using Incredimail for awhile until I found out it phones home, and won't export messages to Outlook (my mail program). Bad proggy Bad! I'm now using Talking E-mail, and the only thing bad about it I can say is that it puts 2 icons in my system tray. I've been trying out a new proggy called Toolfish that is kinda cool. I think I'll give poppeeper a try also.. looks like it does about the same as Talking E-mail but will handle more accounts, of which I have none but the idea that it does that, and it's free, is enticing.

Just stay away from Incredimail.
--
All I wanted was a Pepsi

[text was edited by author 2003-06-11 15:36:13]

Harrie
Premium
join:2002-01-20
Lilburn, GA
reply to Chimofu
Mailwasher for me, either Pro or free version. I love it. Gives me the flashing and the sound (if desired) to know there is mail, I can check it and handle it there before downloading and that sure makes me feel better in this day of constant viruses by email, and it never seems to be buggy or have a problem. Don't think it can be beat - I know I'll never be without it!

USR56K

join:2000-05-20
Lynnwood, WA
reply to Chimofu
OTHER: Trillian Pro

MacGyver
Don't Waste Your Energy
Premium,ExMod 2003-05
join:2001-10-14
Canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·voip.ms
reply to Chimofu
I use Poppy, because it's small, and I can check headers of emails before downloading them. That way I can nuke the spam so I don't have to waste time or bandwidth downloading them.

»www.yoursurfice.com/Content/Popp ··· oppy.htm

applelover
Premium
join:2002-04-15
Commerce City, CO
reply to Chimofu
Other: see pic

Chimofu
Premium
join:2001-03-26
Oakland, CA
For those that are voting for "others", and writing it in..could you please give some details as to why you like the program for, and maybe a link to the program? tia...tim

gdio53

join:2000-07-30
Feeding Hills, MA
reply to Chimofu
PopPeeper here:)

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to Chimofu
May I reveal my ignorance and ask what is an "email indicator"??? I have never heard the term before and can't imagine why you would need to put something about this in the new FAQ.

Chimofu
Premium
Oakland, CA
Mele, I guess another term would be "email checker", a program that checks your email accounts to see if you have mail. As for it being in the new FAQ, there is going to be a section for different catogories of software based on polls...

ePCdoctor
Premium
join:2000-06-21
Glendale, CA
Purple Popple Peeper PoP Peeper for me also!!

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to Chimofu
Thanks for the explanation. I can see where if you have multiple identities in OE that this might be useful since you can only keep one identity open at all times.

Ctrl Alt Del
Premium
join:2002-02-18
kudos:1
reply to Chimofu
Other: Run Outlook in the background and have it pop up "You have new mail. Read it now?"
--
super califragelistic homie drop it go ballistic.

FiOS Dan
Premium
join:2001-07-06
Boynton Beach, FL
reply to Chimofu
Other: Magic Mail Monitor has a small footprint, no frills, and it works great.
--
"Well, come see a fat old man sometime!"

bcool
Premium
join:2000-08-25
The Ozarks
reply to dp
said by dp:
I use Popcorn to monitor my mail accounts.
What is Popcorn?
Popcorn is a freeware ultra-lightweight POP3/SMTP/ESMTP e-mail client for Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP.

OE gathers dust on my machine, to be honest. I've used Popcorn for a few years now in tandem with PCMag's MailCall 1.1. I suppose in my setup, Mailcall is the e-mail indicator while Popcorn is my e-mail client or at least that's the way I use them. Once Popcorn includes popup visual alert on new mail, I'll be dumping Mailcall.
--
"in flagrante delicto"

Sentinel
Premium
join:2001-02-07
Florida

reply to dp
I agree with DP for all the reasons he stated.
I use Popcorn.
[text was edited by author 2003-06-12 12:19:26]

DavisPhotog
Flyingphotog
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-26
Santa Rosa, CA
reply to Chimofu
Other: Since I'm always online on AIM, I have AIM tell me whenever I get new email. It works out fairly well, never had any problems with it. Am I the only one here using that method, other than USR56K who uses trillian?
--
when in doubt, take 2

Nam Vet4
Premium
join:2001-12-03
Allentown, PA

reply to Chimofu
other: POPCORN
[text was edited by author 2003-06-12 13:19:18]

acehyde
Tired.
Premium
join:2001-08-14
reply to Chimofu
Other - Aim
--
There is no escaping here

storm64007
Premium
join:2001-05-21
Freeport, NY
other-AIM/AOL COMMUNICATOR

illJazz
Premium
join:2002-09-04
Zurich
reply to Chimofu
what's an "email indicator"?

What does it do that my mail app can't?

FiOS Dan
Premium
join:2001-07-06
Boynton Beach, FL
said by illJazz:
Much smaller footprint for an always on process, and allows you to read and delete e-mails while they are still on the remote server rather than bringing them into your system.
--
"Well, come see a fat old man sometime!"

Chimofu
Premium
Oakland, CA
said by FiOS Dan:
said by illJazz:
Much smaller footprint for an always on process, and allows you to read and delete e-mails while they are still on the remote server rather than bringing them into your system.

Also with some, you can check more then one email account, hotmail, msn, and other web-based accounts.

Tony
Premium
join:2002-01-12
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to FiOS Dan
said by FiOS Dan:
said by illJazz:

I was just going to ask the same question but its answered. I use mailwasher even though I don't know the jargon.

Proginoskes
Space
Premium
join:2001-08-11
Asbury Park, NJ
reply to Chimofu
POP Peeper here also!:)

alg
Passionately apathetic
Premium
join:2001-04-10
Houston, TX