Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Jeff_B
Premium
join:2000-09-24
Brick, NJ
reply to hqh510

Re: Comcast Bandwidth Exceeded Notice!!!

They say you exceeded the acceptable amount of bandwidth but don't state what that is? If they are going to do this kind of crap then they could at least have an official amount.

JTRockville
Data Ho
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-28
Rockville, MD
Making it dependent on neighborhood usage really pits one neighbor against the other!

* giggles at memories of the ancient "web hog" commercial *

hqh510

join:2001-03-24
Manassas, VA
reply to Jeff_B
I know, they should've told an official amount, but I guess it would range from a monthly basis, since they do averages.

said by Jeff_B:
They say you exceeded the acceptable amount of bandwidth but don't state what that is? If they are going to do this kind of crap then they could at least have an official amount.
--
===
HQH
===
My website/BEFSR41 Setup Guide:»www.geocities.com/~hqh51/

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to JTRockville
said by JTRockville:
Making it dependent on neighborhood usage really pits one neighbor against the other!

* giggles at memories of the ancient "web hog" commercial *
"Pacbell DSL. the internet is once again your friend". hehe, i still have all 3 of those ads
--
You can never be too rich, too thin or have too much Bandwidth

Live free or die
Premium
join:2002-12-20
Seattle, WA

1 recommendation

reply to JTRockville
Did someone say "commercial"? Ask and ye shall receive.

»www.101thefoxrocks.com/foxden/cr···bell.mpg

REMEMBER!!!!!! Right click and choose "Save As"

Enjoy responsibly.
[text was edited by author 2003-08-15 03:42:42]

RoaringLion

join:2003-08-14
Linden, NJ
Excellent commercial...make you think about dsl...with some improvements and tech moving foward we could see faster dsl service and cheaper in the future...cable is gonna have to stick with the program and lower those stupid $99 dollar price tags on 3 megs down. Comcast defines dsl as NOT SHARING THE LINE BUT SHARING BANDWITH ONCE IT REACHES THE CENTRAL OFFICE...[CANT QUOTE COMPLETELY]..IN OTHER WORDS ONCE YOU GET YOUR ARSE THERE U HAVE TO FIGHT WITH OTHER USERS FOR BANDIWITH....

-----------------------------------------------------------
DSL services dedicate a line from your home to the provider's central office, but that is where the dedicated connection ends and the bandwidth sharing begins. Internet traffic from your neighborhood meets at the provider's central office. Customers then battle for a connection to a Local ISP that is shared by residential users and possibly businesses. END QUOTE
----------------------------------------------------------

Live free or die
Premium
join:2002-12-20
Seattle, WA
I guess I'm lucky... I had flawless DSL service with Verizon.. but I decided to give Adelphia a chance with their 2000/256 connection... and it was flawless.... so I gave em a chance on their 3000/384 connection... and I'm so happy... It's only 85 a month with the modem rental.... I don't have any problems with Web Hogs right now, and hopefully I never will. Check out this speed test:

»/speedte···60933963