uniqs

stev32k
Premium Member
join:2000-04-27
Mobile, AL

stev32k

Premium Member

Something wrong with the login sequence

I am being asked to confirm my password each time I come to the site. This just started today. After I enter the password I get an error screen the says "something is wrong" please log out - or something like that. This happened three times in a row. It finally lets me login after about two or three tries.

nil

join:2000-11-27

nil

Probably a corrupt cookie... I killed all yours so you'll have to login again..

If it's still a problem, try cleaning out your cache.

stev32k
Premium Member
Mobile, AL

stev32k

Premium Member

Something is still making me login each time I try to visit the site. I have not messed with cookies or any other settings in several days. The bookmark I use is:

»/forums/all

Maybe this needs to be changed?

Ry23
Premium Member
join:2001-03-26
New Jersey

Ry23 to stev32k

Premium Member

to stev32k
I'm having the same exact problem. Just started today... maybe last night.

stev32k
Premium Member
Mobile, AL

stev32k

Premium Member

I just came back to the site and did not have to login. Anything changed?

nil

join:2000-11-27

nil

Nothing has changed.. I think the problem is on your end.. did you try clearing out your cache and cookies?
MultiTask1
join:2003-07-31
San Carlos, CA

MultiTask1

I am having the same problem. I believe I cleared the cache and cookies.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0 to nil

Premium Member

to nil
Happening to me too if I come here via a EMAIL response notice... also coincidentally at the same time of the format change of those notices too.

stev32k
Premium Member
Mobile, AL

stev32k

Premium Member

The problem seems to have gone away. I cleared the cache, but didn't delete cookies. Now everything is back to normal.

Grumpy4
Premium Member
join:2001-07-28
NW CT

Grumpy4 to stev32k

Premium Member

to stev32k
I've been getting logged out randomly for a week or 10 days. One of the places this happens is if I click on "edit" to change one of my posts. I get logged out 4 or 5 times an hour on three different computers.

I also get someone else's favorites list from time to time, showing forums I've never visited. Most peculiar.

[text was edited by author 2003-10-23 19:54:26]

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28
Billion BiPAC 7800N
Apple AirPort Extreme (2011)

justin to Hayward0

Mod

to Hayward0
said by Hayward0:
Happening to me too if I come here via a EMAIL response notice... also coincidentally at the same time of the format change of those notices too.

That is probably because the email notice points to one domain, and it isn't the domain you normally use.

Nothing to do with the above problem, unless the original poster is also domain-crossing.

You can be logged into both domains, which solves even not noticing you have crossed over.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0

Premium Member

No turned out to be a sorted folder/SPAM filter problem. (Spam Assassin))

You changed the automated message body... at least the first line and that is what I was sorting on for those messages. (I sort other from here differently.)

Though just before that, it in its "intelligent" filtering learning, latched on to those reply mails and I had to manual white list them. Maybe that is why the wording change, which triggered the second problem.