Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

J2K28

join:2001-11-18
England

What's my router?

Hi there,

I've got an ADSL router with 4 10/100 ports, but have no idea which manufacturer/model it is.

I've taken a couple of photographs of the router, available here:

»www.btinternet.com/~j.d.williams···ter1.jpg

»www.btinternet.com/~j.d.williams···ter2.jpg

(sorry for the bad quality, however it was taken using a cameraphone).

The router configuration page shows a logo saying "ADSL ROUTER - Technology Service Division" if that is any help. Also when looking at system settings, the router shows the chipset is ALCATEL MTC150.

I've had the router for a couple of years now, and am trying to see if there is another firmware version available for it, as Port Forwarding has never worked with it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

fm5461d0

join:2001-02-08
chair
Are there any labels on the router with possible clues as to the maker? Any serial numbers or alphanumeric strings to go by? Maybe even an FCC ID (I know you're in the UK, but I'm grabbing at straws). What else shows up in the system settings?
--
Oooh! What does this button do?

Kenjin

@dial.nortenet.pt
reply to J2K28
I have the same router as you. I also didn't know from which manufacturer it was. But i found this:

»www.aceex.com.tw/test1/product/ar419.htm

It's the one. :P But still don't understand why the router itself doesn't have any manufacturer ID.

SlamWilli

@martin538.adsl.metro
This may be of no help, but I bought same, last October (2003) from RL Supplies Ltd. Worked fine, straight out of the box, but documentation lacking - I do not know how to configure its firewall, nor am I able to check benefit of firmware upgrade - it offers to do it, but gives no info! When it bugs me enough I might chase RLS.
Regards.

mpleite

@aepenafiel.pt
reply to Kenjin
well, it's seems thats the one..
But the site www.accex.com.tw is the old one. it's beter to use the new one, www.accex.com

see u

Miguel Pereira Leite
PPL-TI.COM

FMphil

@pipex.com
reply to J2K28
i use this router and have installed a couple for others mine is an edimax AR 6004a they are generic design rebadged by others