join:2003-08-27
Atlantic Highlands, NJ

1 recommendation

reply to vonage_rep

Desktop dialer

downloadclick2call.zip 1,870 bytes
click2call.hta
(click2call.hta)
Attached is a simple HTML desktop application that allows you to place a Vonage click2call call from your desktop.

You enter your Vonage login/password and it displays a list of phone numbers in your account and allows you to place a call from one of them. No information is sent to any 3rd party web site - it's all on your desktop and at the vonage SSL secure.click2callu.com URL.

This app is implemented as a Microsoft HTML Application. Download click2call.hta to your filesystem and double click it to run like any desktop application.

If someone wants to enhance this, you can just load click2call.hta into a text editor and change the way it works - it's just HTML and JavaScript. I'm posting this just as an example of things that could be built, and because it might be useful.

Gork
Ou812ic

join:2001-10-06
Bountiful, UT

2 edits

said by wire0:
Attached is a simple HTML desktop application that allows you to place a Vonage click2call call from your desktop.
This is really neat! Thanks for sharing... I am only vaguely familiar with code (learned mainly from the days of 8-bit basic) and, in fact, had no idea HTML Applications even existed. Is there an easy way to make the Username and Password fields automatically default to specific values?

EDIT:
Ok, that was a really dumb question, never mind. I was trying to change the code behind the scenes but came to the realization I could just change the normal HTML within the file to place the default values I wanted within the Username and Password fields. I hope to look into this HTML Application stuff a little more at some point. Thanks again wire0 See Profile!