All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
ryuku
join:2003-10-28
Norfolk, VA

ryuku

cuphone.com gateway- anyone own it?

I know these have been spoken about before, but who actually owns this? Any information on the PCI card, such as FCC ID or similarities to Asterisk's X100P (or the Intel winmodem it actually is - »Very happy with Asterisk and iConnectHere (ICH)). Also, how's the software work? Same IP Phone Center application on both the client and the server? Well, that's all my questions... heh. Thanks for any replies.

-Scott
ryuku

ryuku

... Or how about at least some comments on call quality or other alternatives? Something. I'd hate to buy the kit for $115 next pay and find out it's worthless.

-Scott
Automate
join:2001-06-26
Atlanta, GA

Automate to ryuku

to ryuku
I am pretty sure at one time the card was the same as the X100P. Digium changed their card a while back so I don't know if it is exacly the same as the cuphone card. I have never used it but I think I recall someone saying it worked OK for them at least I don't remember any negative comments.
napaintl
join:2003-05-19
Pasadena, CA

napaintl to ryuku

to ryuku
Can anyone tell me how the cuphone and personal phone gateway work? www.cuphone.com. I called today and I was told that if I buy the personal gateway I will be able to make unlimited phone calls to a regular phone line. How? Thank you.
ryuku
join:2003-10-28
Norfolk, VA

ryuku

Nah. You use the USB phone on your PC, and connect to a personal gateway on another. Its just like making the calls from that remote phone line. So you get unlimited local calls to that area, if you got flat rate. It's a good idea if you got moved out somewhere and EVERYONE you know is back home, in a different state. Get a friend/family member to install the gateway back home and use their line for local calls to others. That was my plan anyway, since the Navy put me in VA and everyone else is in SC.

-Scott