spc
Search similar:

uniqs
pimmers
join:2004-01-16
UK

pimmers

[wireless] Can anybody help one pig sick Limey

I purchased a Medion MD40900 wireless 802.11g router in Holland and took it home to the UK. It was running fine on NTL Broadband until I tried to install WEP. It has now crashed and I cannot access the router config. When I http with the given IP address of 192.168.0.100 I get access to the username and password but when I log on the message error 401 "The client does not have access to this server" appears.
Any ideas?:(

GPorter
It Always Works Better When It's On
join:2001-03-21
San Antonio, TX

GPorter

It sounds like this box needs a good reset. There should be something in the documentation that shows you how to do this. Most boxes have an actual "reset" button that you push, either with your finger or a paperclip. Hold it for at least 10 seconds for what is effectively a reboot. If the box doesn't have an obvious button, and you don't have the documentation, let us know. I'm sure somebody has heard of that brand here, and knows something about them.
pimmers
UK

pimmers

All the instructions are in Dutch. I have used the reset button and observed the LED's going through a sequence. In fact that is how I was able to get back to the password. This router is only manufactured for the Dutch and German market by the look of things because when I search for the MD 40900 I only get a couple of hits from Germany.
Thanks anyway.

Honk
@t-dialin.net

Honk

Anon

Hello,
i am fron germany and i had the same problem. I fixed it with this firmware-update:

»www.wirelessnederland.nl ··· t&lid=11

Maybe it's a problem, that the manual is in german. Here are the steps:
PC IP: 192.168.0.1 Subnetzmaske: 255.255.255.0
Router IP: 192.168.0.100 Subnetzmaske: 255.255.255.0

1. Copy the files "webfileset_1_0_8.img" and "webflash.bat" to c:\
2. Open the "command prompt" (cmd)
3. Push the reset button at least 10 seconds.
4. Wait 30 seconds.
5. Try the command "ping 192.168.0.100". If this don't work, the router can't get the update!
6. Execute the "webflash.bat" and wait at least 2 minutes.
7. Push the reset button again at least 10 seconds.

Now the Web-User Interface should work.

Wim van
@adsl-surfen.hetnet.n

Wim van

Anon

You can contact the dutch or german service. They will provide you with a file which is call "web flash".
After the reset you need to erase the flask memory with this file. The you can run through the modem setup by using the internet explorer type in 192.168.0.100 and the select english as the preferd languish. It works only at setting in the book, I was not succesfull running WEP.

PC-info@medion.com
sgkent
join:2002-04-15
Citrus Heights, CA

sgkent to pimmers

to pimmers
stupid question but what password is used in that model. The error sounds like the bad password error.
pimmers
UK

pimmers

Hi,

I am now back in Holland, but i have brought the router back with me. I will try these suggestions and let you know how I get on.

Thanks.

Honk
@t-dialin.net

Honk to sgkent

Anon

to sgkent
@sgkent
I think that the default password is "medion". I'm not sure, because I sold my router because of other problems.

@Win van:
I think the "web flash" file is the same, that you can download in my first post.
pimmers
UK

pimmers

Cheers Honk,

With the help of a work colleague I am back into the router config. You are a star.
I had to fiddle about for ages before the router would wake up, then I could ping it. When I got the unauthorised server message I downloaded webflash and I was back in. I had to upgrade to explorer 6 before I could see the config but now I am back to square one. Thanks again mate.
Did you try to encrypt the link again? and has this webflash cured the bug do you know? I am a bit wary of trying again but I don't want to use it un encrypted.
Cheers

Honk
@t-dialin.net

Honk

Anon

It's nice that your router is working again.
I didn't try to install WEP again, but I read in a german forum that it should work now.
I sold my router because it had a low range in my house.
Greetings