how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

leedle

join:2003-01-12
hawaii@heart

[ Brighthouse] Roadrunner email size limit

Where can I find RR's policy on the size limit of incoming and outgoing email and attachments for either personal or business class accounts?

Thanks for the help.

drake
Overdosed on confidence
Premium,MVM
join:2002-06-10
Baldwin, NY
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
leedle See Profile,

Maximum File Size E-Mail incoming and outgoing is 5MB as far as I know with a Residential RR Account.
--
Flying on CV Optimum Online Cable @ 8490/945 & Surfing on TWC Coax Road Runner Cable @ 3031/369

leedle

hawaii@heart
Thanks..:) that's what I thought. Sounds about the norm. Now I wonder what the size limit is with a business account..hmmm

drake
Overdosed on confidence
Premium,MVM
Baldwin, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by leedle:
Thanks..:) that's what I thought. Sounds about the norm. Now I wonder what the size limit is with a business account..hmmm

Maximum file size for inbound and outbound messages on Road Runner Business Class servers are 12 MB, however limits for mail destined to sites outside of our offering will be determined in part by the policies in place on the destination mail server, and could be set to less than 12 MB.
--
Flying on CV Optimum Online Cable @ 8490/945 & Surfing on TWC Coax Road Runner Cable @ 3031/369

W8ASA
Noi tieng gi the?

join:2000-07-31
Dayton, OH
reply to leedle
Why get an e-mail with such a large attachment? Have the sender ftp it to his/her server, and go get it via ftp or http. Much easier that way.
--
Microwave and RF Components at www.ohiomicrowave.com

drake
Overdosed on confidence
Premium,MVM
Baldwin, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by W8ASA:
Why get an e-mail with such a large attachment? Have the sender ftp it to his/her server, and go get it via ftp or http. Much easier that way.

But the question is, Do they have a FTP or HTTP Server available? Or you can use Yahoo! Geocities
--

W8ASA
Noi tieng gi the?

join:2000-07-31
Dayton, OH
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·magicjack.com
·AT&T Midwest
You're right. There are a number of free sites to which someone can ftp large files for downloading by others. Their own ISP may even offer one of those "home pages". Mine does. I sometimes need to send large drawing files to people who have AOL-type accounts, and used to run into the "file too large" problem. Now, I just put them up into a subdirectory of my domain, and set them up with a password so they can get them. It's really easy that way.
--
Microwave and RF Components at www.ohiomicrowave.com

drake
Overdosed on confidence
Premium,MVM
Baldwin, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
Speaking of Webspace, RoadRunner in fact offers space up to 5 MB, but I don't think it's enough for what leedle See Profile is trying to send.
--

Trempette

join:2004-01-22
Canada
reply to leedle
It actually depends on where you are located the size limit on email attachments. Staten Island res customers have a limit of 20 MB on the server & 20 MB file size they can send for example. Most divions we do tech support for have a 10MB limit.

leedle

hawaii@heart
reply to leedle
Thanks for all the input everyone.

And yes, I know that sending large attachments through email is a PITA.. but unfortunately a friend of mine has to send ME a rather large file..they are on RR. (I'm on CoxHSI)

The person sending the file is HIGHLY "internet impaired".. I'm not even sure they know what FTP is, and by the time I explained it and set them all up, I could probably walk there to get the darn file! lol

So, my only option to get this file from them is via email..

LrdVader
Premium
join:2003-12-18
San Diego, CA
said by leedle:
So, my only option to get this file from them is via email..

Would they be able to use an instant messaging program to send the file? I know lots of computer-impaired people who use those programs.

leedle

hawaii@heart
said by LrdVader:

Would they be able to use an instant messaging program to send the file? I know lots of computer-impaired people who use those programs.

Nope..lol.
Trust me.. I thought of that option as well.
And before anyone asks... no this file can't be burned to CD either..

It has all been worked out though. Thanks everyone..

dnaegele

join:2004-01-29
Queen Creek, AZ
reply to leedle
For Brighthouse Networks in Tampa, I can send a 15mb file without a problem. I've not tried anything larger than that.

Don