spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Futeki
@gotadsl.co.uk

Futeki

Anon

WAG54G SNMP MIB's?

Where do I get the MIB's for the WAG54G? It says its supports SNMP, but the linksys website doesn't have any MIB's to use with the device, and it didn't come with any on the CDROM. What use is the SNMP feature without these?
thosch_2
join:2004-04-27
GERMANY

thosch_2

The missing MIBs are not so much a problem, there is another bigger one making SNMP very much useless on that device.

I want to monitor my WAG54G (Firmware 1.01.5) with MRTG so I did a SNMP walk on it and was very lucky to find a detailed snmp table.
However the problem is: the Interfaces octects are not counted right.

Following the SNMP device description from the walk interface 2 is the WAN side. The outgoing octects on this interface are fine - but the incoming are not counted properly (raise very slow after some seconds even if there is a continous upstream). I wrote a mail to the german linksys support and now waiting for reply.

You can try it yourself with Getif - it can also plot a graph (useful for testing load on the interfaces).
»www.wtcs.org/snmp4tpc/getif.htm
thosch_2

thosch_2

sorry it was other way round: the incoming are fine but the outgoing octects on ALL 3 interfaces (K32_MAC,SAR_ADSL,WLAN) are not correct.
kostermw
join:2002-08-14
Netherlands

kostermw

Is that a confirmed bug?
thosch_2
join:2004-04-27
GERMANY

thosch_2

I don't believe it's confirmed - probably even not internal yet.

Actually the DE Linksys support who I have contacted has only told me in a mail they will forward it to the US team (this was around 2 weeks ago). When I asked after a week for an update on the issue they asked me which firmware I'm using and telling me 1.01.5 is the latest.

Now I found out there is 1.01.7 out (dated 4/18/2004) therefore at least the DE Linksys support seems itself not be well informed about the latest versions.
So there is no progress at all. Actually I'm quite unsure they even really now what I'm talking about - IMHO this would be a shame for a "division of Cisco Systems, Inc."

My hope is other WAG54G users will also try to setup SNMP monitoring and get in touch with Linksys support so the issue will make it to their real engineers and not keep stuck in the end-customer support.
thosch_2

thosch_2

fyi, with 1.01.7 I discovered that partially portforwarding to a local server stopped working. Strange issue, as only my mailservices (25,110,143) became partially unreachable (sometimes it was working) while 22 (SSH) was working ever. I doublechecked with different external portscanners. Connecting from my private LAN IP (192.168.2.x) to the fwd port on the WAN side was never affected - only from other public IP. Downgraded back to 1.01.5 and port forwarding was working flawless (at least for me...) again.