share rss forum feed

Gemologist
Premium
join:2001-11-15
USA
kudos:3

4 recommendations

[Tutorial] Faux IR Adobe PS Action Beta

OK.. for those wanting to try the effect I did in this thread »Post Your Adobe Experiment Results :)

Attached is a ZIP containing the Setup program to automaticallly install the Faux IR Beta 1.0 Action. Feel free to test it out and post some results and feedback please. The Action set consists of the Faux IR-Blue as shown in the other thread and Faux IR-Red as shown in the example here.
--
It is not the Equipment that makes the Photographer, but the Photographer who makes the equipment! My Deviant Artworks
What is RSD?

caruso
Premium
join:2003-08-22
California
kudos:1

1 recommendation

You are a good man, Charlie Brown. Thank you.

Gemologist
Premium
USA
said by caruso:
You are a good man, Charlie Brown. Thank you.

You're welcome! Now go test them out and post some results

fourboxers
Plate Spinner
join:2003-05-04
Toronto, ON

3 recommendations

reply to Gemologist

Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL
41mm 1/60th F5 ISO100

Thanks

Gemologist
Premium
USA
said by fourboxers:
Thanks

Yw Very nice job!

Gemologist
Premium
USA

2 recommendations

Here's another one I just did..lol.. I am bored

dandelion
Premium,MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast

2 edits

1 recommendation

reply to Gemologist
Thanks:), having a little trouble with it-ran once without any problems that I saw, the had pop-up "command make not currently available, but still made the picture. Tried reinstalling but did same thing, had pop-up about made command, but still made picture

Gemologist
Premium
USA
said by dandelion:
Thanks:), having a little trouble with it-ran once without any problems that I saw, the had pop-up "command make not currently available, but still made the picture. Tried reinstalling but did same thing, had pop-up about made command, but still made picture

Hmmm... Anyone else having any problems? I will have to go through them again I guess Thanks for pointing out the issue dandelion See Profile!!
--
It is not the Equipment that makes the Photographer, but the Photographer who makes the equipment! My Deviant Artworks
What is RSD?

MLOK5
My Reality Check Bounced
Premium,MVM
join:2000-08-17
Allen, TX

1 recommendation

reply to Gemologist

This is so awesome, Swish!! Can't wait to try it!!

pomfret
Who? Me?
Premium
join:2002-02-22
Pomfret Center, CT
kudos:2

3 edits

1 recommendation

reply to Gemologist
Hi Swish,

Very cool indeed. However, I ran into a problem...

I was able to apply the Red IR action the first time w/o a problem. Now, every time I try to apply Red IR, the action stops at the "Fill" step with the error "Could not complete command because selected area is empty." It seems to create a layer, do a selection, then die.

However, I have no problems running the Blue IR action over and over!?

The above image is the result of the IR Blue action in Photoshop CS.

Also, as a personal preference, I'd like to see the action supplied in a zip as an alternative to a self-installing EXE. I had to locate the proper path anyway, so it didn't save me any time.
--
Proud member of BBR Team Starfire

Gemologist
Premium
USA
reply to Gemologist
Sorry.. but it will always be in a EXE form so that reading of the license agreement is done. This protects my actions as well as me

As for the Problem with the Red IR action.. I can not seem to reproduce the problem. I have tried on both my machines. Hopefully someone else can ( MLOK5 See Profile maybe) give it a good work over and see.. Because I can't get them to error at all .
--
What is RSD?

Gemologist
Premium
USA

2 edits

1 recommendation

reply to Gemologist
I tried setting the foreground color via a different method in the Red IR action now. This hopefully should fix things. I am not sure though sicne I could not re-create the problme on my end Let me know.

P.S. This is now Version 1.0c.

pomfret
Who? Me?
Premium
Pomfret Center, CT
About the EXE distro, completely understood. I don't know the first thing about licensing agreements and software, so I was being naive with my request.

As for the problem I experience with the red ir action, it's still there. Additional details sent by pm.

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge and tools!
--

pomfret
Who? Me?
Premium
Pomfret Center, CT

1 recommendation

reply to Gemologist
Strange, strange, strange. I saved a copy of my original to a new (different) file, and I now have no problems applying the RED IR action. It's just something with that particular file which is causing problems (in both PS7 and CS, nonetheless). Quite odd.

Anyway, after much back-and-forth with Swishman via PM, and all his hard work, I now have a Red IR version! Thanks a bunch Swishman!
--

MLOK5
My Reality Check Bounced
Premium,MVM
join:2000-08-17
Allen, TX

2 recommendations

reply to Gemologist
Click for full size
Click for full size

I didn't have any problems with the action at all. Works great here.

Gemologist
Premium
USA

1 recommendation

said by MLOK5:

I didn't have any problems with the action at all. Works great here.

Nicely done

dandelion
Premium,MVM
Germantown, TN
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Gemologist

Click for full size
Click for full size
does picture fine-still with popups though

Gemologist
Premium
USA

2 edits
reply to Gemologist
What version of PS? And all those little boxes .. the 2nd ones in from the left.. shouldn't have anything in them..They will make the actions stop at every step.. Unclick them and the action will go without input unless needed.. Some actions do need the stops.. but my IR actions do not except at the one where it says "STOP".. but that isn't even really necessary.

P.S. Make sure you are starting with a flat image.. no layers.
--
It is not the Equipment that makes the Photographer, but the Photographer who makes the equipment!
My Deviant Artworks
What is RSD?

caruso
Premium
California
said by Gemologist:
What version of PS? And all those little boxes .. the 2nd ones in from the left.. shouldn't have anything in them..They will make the actions stop at every step.. Unclick them and the action will go without input unless needed.. Some actions do need the stops.. but my IR actions do not except at the one where it says "STOP".. but that isn't even really necessary.

P.S. Make sure you are starting with a flat image.. no layers.

Which boxes, the "square" one or the "check marks" one? and if the "check marks" one, what are the "square" one for?

Much appreciate...
--
The difference between wondering and discovering is a courage to click the mouse, and then see what's happening

Gemologist
Premium
USA
said by caruso:
Which boxes, the "square" one or the "check marks" one? and if the "check marks" one, what are the "square" one for?

Much appreciate...

the square ones.. they make the action stop at each place that has one.. some actions need them.. the IR actions only need them at the STOP command line.. and that not actually necessary for the action to run properly.
--
What is RSD?

caruso
Premium
California
You are simply awsome. So what are the "checked" one for>?

This may be my last question.;)

dandelion
Premium,MVM
Germantown, TN
reply to Gemologist
Forgive my computer ignorance, but I don't recall checking any of those boxes, everytime I start it, I have to uncheck the boxes, is there someway to keep them unchecked?

Gemologist
Premium
USA
reply to caruso
said by caruso:

The checked boxes turn that paticular part of the Action On/Off
--
What is RSD?

Gemologist
Premium
USA
reply to dandelion
said by dandelion:
Forgive my computer ignorance, but I don't recall checking any of those boxes, everytime I start it, I have to uncheck the boxes, is there someway to keep them unchecked?

Hmm.. weird.. mine does not do that.. that I am not sure about.. maybe someone else will know the answer to that question
--
What is RSD?

caruso
Premium
California
reply to Gemologist
Swish, you are so good to me. Now what are the checked marks for?
This is my last question. Maybe.;)

Gemologist
Premium
USA
said by Gemologist:
said by caruso:

The checked boxes turn that paticular part of the Action On/Off

That is the answer.. Check boxes/marks

The Boxes themselves (2nd ones in from left) make the action stop at that spot and require user input.
--
What is RSD?

caruso
Premium
California
And I tough, I knew it all.:D
Thanks, all.

dandelion
Premium,MVM
Germantown, TN
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Gemologist
Click for full size
Click for full size
Noted they weren't6 checked this time-but still had problems-I looked at my action option to make sure that wasn't a problem either and it didn't seem to be

Gemologist
Premium
USA
reply to Gemologist
downloadNewREDIR.zip 767 bytes
(NewREDIR.atn)
Is anyone else having this issue? I can not for the life of me re-create it in PS6 or PS7 (both are on diff PCs).. I don't have CS yet (pinching pennies).. I am not sure why it will not allow to "Make" a new layer.. doesn't make much sense to me . Attached is a completel different way of doing the same thing in the other action. See if this one works.. I used normal layers instead of adjustment layers.
--
What is RSD?

dandelion
Premium,MVM
Germantown, TN
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Gemologist
Click for full size

made the picture OK, this time said the command duplicate not currently available, maybe if no one else having a problem, just me and my weird computer:)