uniqs
stopher3
join:2003-08-14
San Jose, CA

3 edits

stopher3

Checking line specs from 5360 possible?

» ··· faq/4809
»AT&T Midwest/Ameritech FAQ »I use WinXP and my modem has telnet disabled. How can I get at the line specs?
These links state that it is possible to check line specs on your 526x/536x modems using enternet and looking at the dsl tab. I have a speedstream 5360. My question is why is there no dsl tab on the advanced window?

Oh yeah... I have the 002 version.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog

MVM

I was not aware that any 5360 had line stats availble. Are you sure you don't have the 5260 (modified to be a '5660')?
stopher3
San Jose, CA

stopher3

Positive. Model Number is 060-5360-002.
torchedlh
join:2004-03-07

torchedlh

i installed EnterNet, and when i go to the properties window, i have no DSL tab. what gives?

jm8
join:2003-09-21
Graceville, FL

jm8 to stopher3

to stopher3
Have you guys tried Tango?
»store.efficient.com/Onli ··· id=Tango
stopher3
San Jose, CA

stopher3

How exactly will Tango help you find out your line specs? There's less information displayed on Tango than Enternet.
stopher3

stopher3

It says that it can't detect the modem. Is there a driver that I am supposed to install to make it detect?

wayjac
MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy

wayjac to stopher3

MVM

to stopher3
The combination of the 5360 and Enternet v1.5C will let you see the sync rate only. No "line stats".
torchedlh
join:2004-03-07

torchedlh to stopher3

to stopher3
i found out that you have to updated firmware on the 5360 for the DSL tab to show up. when i try to update the firmware, it says it cannot detect the modem... ugghhh
stopher3
San Jose, CA

stopher3

I think this is a fix but I'm not sure. In the tango faq's, it says to release your ip of your ethernet card before establishing your pppoe connection. How exactly do I go about doing so? Do I click repair on the support tab of the status or do I open up a command prompt and ipconfig /release? When I tried ipconfig /release, it would try the pppoe one for enternet. I'm confused.
stopher3

1 edit

stopher3

Oh yeah, me too. Why does the firmware upgrade say that you it can't detect the modem?

Oh n/m. I don't have the right Model. Oh well, but still, how do you check the sync rates. Enternet and Tango will not detect my modem.
stopher3

1 edit

stopher3

Finally, I got it. I used a different ethernet card, the one that I got from SBC, the D-link 530TX+. When I used Enternet with my onboard ethernet, nothing showed up.