how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

monkeywork

join:2004-03-31
Toronto, ON

The "I'm Seriously P/O with NBN" thread

OK, just hung up the phone so I'm going to try keep this fair and keep my level of contempt out of this post.

I was recently a customer of NBN ($59.95/m plan) and like everyone else was having the gigantic problems and everything else. They are on pre-auth debit from my bank account due to them not being able to put me on the billing date I'd like (15th of the month) if I was paying by CC.

The actual service issues have been discussed in other threads and the end result is I don't care who's problem it is (their or bells) I pay them money (and by other ISP standards I pay quite a lot) for my internet connection and when it fails - its their problem.

Roughly a week ago (first request I believe was on the 9th) I emailed in requesting to cancel, wrote a very civil email and at the end asked for the following points:

- Please close account on 04/16/2004
- No further billing from my pre-authorized account is permitted
- I request my previous month service fee’s be refunded
- Please reply with the confirmation of my cancellation date

I was never responded to. Since the 9th was good Friday, I waited until Monday and again sent in the email, I also called in to support and was told this was a billing issue and got brushed off.

Again yesterday I emailed twice, and was also ignored so today I called in and requested to get in touch of someone in billing. They answered the following information to me:

- They can't close my account until the 22nd (meaning they will bill me again). Apparently an account that took less than 24 hours to enable takes 10 days to close (didn't know it was that hard to remove someone from the radius server.

- Apparently they require 10 days notice to cancel the pre-auth even thou it says on the back of the form i signed that I can close this agreement at ANY TIME.

- They can not tell me anything about refunds (for previous month) or for the current month that I'm not using that they have charged me for (basically $120) and after I pushed about it a bit and the lady on the phone getting fairly upset with me I'm told that they will review it 30-45 days AFTER MY ACCOUNT IS CLOSED!!

- As for all the emails that were never replied to about this she told me that they are recieving 100 emails a day and can't keep up. I work for a webhosting company and we have a problem I can easily do 80+ email requests in an 8 hour shift.

Long in short of this is we are all bending over and taking it up the corn hole with this company. I realize they are having problems and are hurting right now -- but at the end of the day ITS NOT MY PROBLEM. I paid for a service if I didn't get it give me my money back and I'll move on that's all I'm asking for.

They refuse to give me any exact dates for anything, when I asked how I could find out more information about the refund that they are going to "look into" in 30-45 days (still wont even tell me if I'm going to get one, when there should be NO question about it) I was told to email in (funny didn't she just say they couldn't answer all the emails).

Plus why do we need to wait, she told me its because they need to wait for the network to come back up -- what the hell does the technical side have to do with the billing? Why should I need to be nagging this company for my money back 1 to 1.5 months after I close with them.

Anyway that's the end of my long rant, I hope others don't get the same treatment and I hope Ayden reads this and gets in contact with me.

monkeywork

Toronto, ON

bump

LastDon

join:2002-08-13

i think they dont care personally they care about collection the money and giving us the brush off

Sorry for your troubles dude. i hope things get settled for you.

though i know one person that just cancelled payment from his back so nutnbut.net can not take anything out you might want to do that?Stop payment to nutnbut.net and just cancel and inform her that u put a stop payment on them , then they can't do crap to you.

and complain to the BBB better beaura of busineess of whatever it's called.

drewfar

join:2002-10-01
m4y1r1
reply to monkeywork

If its pre authorized withdrawl isn't it processed like a cheque?

If so, can't you put a stop payment on them at the bank so you don't get charged any further then work from there on getting a refund on the rest?

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
reply to monkeywork

for PAP, you can go to your bank and let them know you cancelled your service and they can reverse the charges.

good luck on getting your refund though.
--
"The only thing more greedy than a corporation, are its customers."

istorm

join:2004-03-15
Canada

This service that NBN offers is absolute ****. I am almost definitely going to cancel with those useless asswipes now. I can't even play a single game of CS without lag spikes right now, what kind of ****ing CRAP IS THIS.

NBN use to be good. But no longer, now their service and their employees are all just utter trash. All they have are excuses, excuses, excuses. Ask them for a set date when everything will likely be 'back to normal', and that date just keeps on slipping.

Guess what NBN, that date has been slipping out of your ****ing hands for over a month now. Either do your ****ing jobs or get the **** out like the retards you are. What are we paying for right now? Get back into school you ****ing losers, it is clear you have NO CLUE at all how to properly maintain those servers.

monkeywork

Toronto, ON
reply to monkeywork

Thanks for the heads up guys i'll contact the bank tomorrow and see what can be done.

istorm

join:2004-03-15
Canada
reply to monkeywork

What service are you planning to going with monkey? I need to subscribe a new ISP too...

monkeywork

Toronto, ON
reply to monkeywork

I'm signed up with Magma -- they seem really good so far, the speeds are great (i max out at 400-430kb/s)

There is another thread in here that they got bought by Primus -- so who knows what will happen with them in the future, but for now I'm happy.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

Ouch, what a shitty experience. I've said it a million times, and I'll say it again. Small time ISP's are just not worth the few bucks you save. I was in the same position with a small ISP that had horrible support, even more horrible billing. I got out and went to Bell. Havent had a problem since last July when I signed up. Hell, I'll live with the SMTP port being blocked. At least there's always a person at the other end of 310-SURF to yell at, and a supervisor can be spoken with and things can get done.
--
Please Visit PlanetMADtv.
Want to see MADtv on DVD? Sign the Petition!

monkeywork

Toronto, ON
reply to monkeywork

well hopefully this is taken care for me -- i just got back from the bank

queerDSL

join:2003-07-08
Vancouver, BC
reply to monkeywork

Has anyone had luck authenticating to NBN at all the past few days? I haven't been able to at all, I've been authenticating to my dad's Sympatico account instead.

mjfrog

@allstream.net
reply to monkeywork

I haven't been able to get in for three days.
No answer when I call.
Are these guys still in business?

str7

join:2003-07-04
canada
reply to monkeywork

Honestly, the people that were with NBN during this latest poor serious period didn't do their homework.

NBN took more than a month to fix similar problems last autumn and used the same runaround as they do this time. I know, I was with them back then. I wrote several messages around here to warn people and tell them to be wary about NBN business practices.

I'm not surprised this happens again.

piotrick

join:2003-01-27
Scarborough, ON
reply to monkeywork

My connection is a lot better today than it was yesterday. My speeds are also better, but not completely stable. I was doing a traceroute today and I noticed that the first hop is no longer "dslagg.nerdsonline.com".

1 venture4.nerdsonline.com (216.99.108.43) 11.473 ms 11.196 ms 11.374 ms
2 venture2.nerdsonline.com (216.99.108.41) 10.859 ms 11.603 ms 10.680 ms

Ping times seem to have gone down about 2 ms for me. I just hope this is steady progress in the right direction.

For those of you who can't log in, I was debating on whether or not to try to reconnect, but I'm afraid of the chance that I might never get back on

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

And no response yet from the NBN staff here. Well, they can't blame bell now, they installed that switch or router or whatever they waited for. now what?

LastDon

I got through a bit ago and one of the tech's i am sure it wasn't ayden said that a bell person is helping them out and then problem will be resolved at 11pm tonight.

WE'LL see if they are feeding us b.s or not.

LastDon

reply to monkeywork

I think that all the NBN users should email or call NBN and ask for some refund because we are not paying for high speed we are wasting hard earnend money on unacceptable speeds and degraded service .

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON

said by LastDon:
I think that all the NBN users should email or call NBN and ask for some refund because we are not paying for high speed we are wasting hard earnend money on unacceptable speeds and degraded service .

but you guys keep paying them for it...you need to either put up with it and keep paying, or leave and get your service from a better provider...continuous idle threats mean nothing...reminds me of the saying, "Shit, or get off the pot".
--

LastDon

reply to monkeywork

I believe that we deserve some sort of refund. When i was with bell when going to school in windsor and i had degrated service they gave me a refund, any company can. A corporation that can respect its customers is a good company unless they are a greedy corporation that is out to make a quick dollar.

vif_user

join:2003-07-04
Montreal

said by LastDon:
I believe that we deserve some sort of refund.
You guys don't deserve a refund. You deserve to be laughed at and ridiculed. You knew exactly what you were getting and you've got it now.

...back to my streaming video.

LastDon

hmmm, we knew what we were getting?
Not really they were very stable end of story every ISP has problems VIF has had its share as well .

so back to my streaming video

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to dirtyjeffer

said by dirtyjeffer:
but you guys keep paying them for it...you need to either put up with it and keep paying, or leave and get your service from a better provider...continuous idle threats mean nothing...reminds me of the saying, "Shit, or get off the pot".

Apparently its not so easy to cancel, as evident in the first post in this thread.
--
Please Visit PlanetMADtv.
Want to see MADtv on DVD? Sign the Petition!

LastDon

i guess we have to face the truth they seem that they are full of b.s

they told me 11pm last night problem would be fixed
my derriere was fixed.

it's like we are on the 1MB profile on there end or something 40kb is my max download at th emoment!

merdark

join:2004-04-13
reply to dirtyjeffer

said by dirtyjeffer:

Some of us have jobs that take up all 24 hours and seven days of our week. Personally, I'll deal with finding a new ISP when I have bloody time. If you didn't notice, this thread is mostly about getting refunds and cancelling.

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON

said by merdark:
Some of us have jobs that take up all 24 hours and seven days of our week. Personally, I'll deal with finding a new ISP when I have bloody time.
i really doubt you have a job that you work 24/7...i can understand you are busy, but keep it real...you can sign up with most ISP's right from their respective website...it only takes a few minutes.

quote:
If you didn't notice, this thread is mostly about getting refunds and cancelling.

from reading the numerous threads, NBN doesn't appear to give refunds (they have more excuses for their reasoning), many people talk about cancelling, but most haven't...they just keep starting new topic after new topic about it.
--

LastDon

reply to monkeywork

well i am making the move.. and bell made me an offer for the five months 24.95 because i had called two weeks ago about this and the guy offered it to me.
... speedtest with nbn..

»/speedtests/20···82347593

forget nbn i got this email today..
I asked when the repairs would be done..
---------------------------------------------

done

----------------------------------------
Ayden Townsend
V: (519) 432-6325
Nemo nisi intus superatus (You only get beaten from within)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2004 11:25 PM
To: support@nutnbut.net
Subject: RE: connections??

can we please get an ETA on this repair?

merdark

join:2004-04-13
reply to dirtyjeffer

said by dirtyjeffer:
i really doubt you have a job that you work 24/7...i can understand you are busy, but keep it real...you can sign up with most ISP's right from their respective website...it only takes a few minutes.

Not all year no, but the past month, yes, 24/7 (aside from whatever sleep I can get). I've been working on a publication for a conference. It's not signing up that takes time, but finding a good ISP to sign up with. I was going to go for Magma judging from the comments I've seen here, but now that they are bought by Primus I have my doubts.

said by dirtyjeffer:

from reading the numerous threads, NBN doesn't appear to give refunds (they have more excuses for their reasoning), many people talk about cancelling, but most haven't...they just keep starting new topic after new topic about it.

Well, new topics are mostly useless, but if somoene manages to get some refund that would be interesting. I'm not planning on asking for one, probably more trouble than it's worth. I'll be happy enough to get canceled properly.

I suppose I'll try Sentex. They have some sort of speical direct link to the major universities in the area. VERY usefull for me. I haven't seen any bad review about them either, and they are not a reseller of a reseller from what I can tell. I got prompt and accurate responses from to my e-mails, and they seem to maintain their site fairly well.

LastDon

with the speed we have at the moment until tomorrow for me

I feel like i am using sympatico basic that is how slow it is!