dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Comments in response to »Review of TekSavvy DSL by IncogNico by IncogNico See Profile
IncogNico
join:2012-03-14
Bowmanville, ON

IncogNico

In all Fairness...

UPDATE:

I was contacted by a man by the name of Marc, he is looking into what happened and forwarded my situation onto his team to find a solution to this issue.

So far I have to say that they are treating me well and are looking at resolving this issue in a timely manner. I was told to expect a call from Teksavvy once they have found a way to help, if they can.

I will keep updating on this situation, but so far I would have to say that customer service is a lot better than at the alternative places.

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

Re: In all Fairness...

Do you live in an apartment building? If so than that's most likely the issue as buildings sign exclusivity agreements with Bell or Rogers to only allow one company to sell services in them.
IncogNico
Bowmanville, ON

IncogNico

No, I live in a house...
IncogNico

1 edit

IncogNico

IncogNico

IncogNico

The Update and 'solution' has been as follows;

1) an offer was made by Teksavvy for the "Mistake" that they acknowledged they made. The offer was weak at best! Offering me a DSL setup at a "reduced" installation (part of a promo they are running right now) as well as a reduced price modem (also a promo they have running atm).
Is this a deal? NO it's an insult if anything! At this point their error cost me my deal with Rogers ($200+/year) and about another $50+ in activation fees so sign up with another ISP. Tek's "deal" would have cost me more for a far inferior service!

2) My refund was sent in the mail (snail mail) so chances are I will not see it for 3-5 business days, and it was sent out on the Friday after they told me my service could not be connected. The fact I do not have another $250 to sign up with another ISP until I get my refund back from Teksavvy means that I will be without internet for at least 10 business days!

THANK YOU TEKSAVVY!!! (min 10 business Days...WTF!)

3) I had sent an IM to Marc, the person who has been in touch with me since my first post, to see if there was a way to expedite the funds for the return on their end... I have yet to hear back from him. I called into Teksavvy and spoke with Accounting and they told me nothing can be done, unless a 'higher' up tells them otherwise.

So for the 10 business days I will now be without Internet; No Skype to my family in Germany/Florida, what do my kids do for research on their projects? the remote access I need for work? my wife to keep her occupied during her healing process...?? You see how deep this actually goes!!

I don't think that some people realize how much we (as consumers) rely on the internet on a daily basis for so many things and that something as 'simple' as switching ISP's (if not done correctly) can affect a lot of avenues in ones life!

Overall opinion;

Would I recommend Teksavvy now that I had the pleasure of dealing with them on a few levels...

well that is yet to be determined!

I can see a few changes that should be taken seriously by the management.

Try to "fix" their site and make 100% sure that if they say they can offer a service, that they actually deliver!!
Refund policies should be done faster to those who have been negatively affected by a fault of theirs, so another ISP can be initiated during the critical timelines. (i.e. rogers requires 30 days cancellation notice, Teksavvy can not set up a transfer of accounts until at least two weeks prior to the "cancellation" / Transfer date, setting up another ISP in case Tek drops the ball another 10 business days!) so where is the room for error you ask? well, there isn't any!

Do not insult someones intelligence by offering them a special "deal" for an error.. by offering a deal that is a promo running at that time! It's not hard to find the info on the website and "special" deals should be just that.. a special deal!

Simple Business Rules to live by;

'Solutions' the answer to all of life's problems

If you make a mistake, own up to it and fix it at all costs!

The Customer is the most valuable asset, without them you would not have a business.

'Errors', we are all human... we will make them! It's how we resolve the issues that set us apart form the competition

Customer service IS the most important part of any business.

~~~So here I am at the 11th Hr waiting to be able to make my next move~~~
IncogNico

IncogNico

Well, Money received today via "Snail Mail"... (10 days after they found out they could not service my area)

Still not a call back or IM from Teksavvy...

It's a shame really... I really wanted to switch to them when it became available in my area.

I guess in the "New" business world no customers matter anymore!

In My experience; Teksavvy will seem to care, but will end up treating you just like any other company will. You will be just a number, and that is a damn shame!

My word of advice to anyone looking to switch;

1) make 100% sure they have service in your area
2) Don't expect anything but a cheaper monthly bill (compared to the alternative ISP's)
3) Customers are pawns and are replaceable...
4) The company has nice enough CSR's that speak YOUR language!
5) The service, if available, seems to be great according to most people I have talked to.

I am just really disappointed that I was left hanging in the end of all of this, but life will go on!

temps_froid
@psychz.net

temps_froid

Anon

Please remove the Stop Sells

It would be really nice to see the stop sells removed and the Teksavvy networks expanded to hold more capacity. I cancelled with Bell and went to rogers and now I am off rogers but I need internet with Teksavvy as it seems to be the best and the largest growing ISP in Canada. I can't get Cable internet in Toronto from Teksavvy because of these annoying stop sells. I spoke with a great guy Malic at Teksavvy he said to get the Teksavvy DSL for now but again the DSL service is not what i am looking for I want Cable Internet. I am too far away from the Bell C/O that's about 5.5 kilometers it is not going to be a nice stable connection. Please Teksavvy remove the stop sells. I can't wait to be your customer.

funlovo
@174.140.172.x

funlovo

Anon

Love teksavvy

Suck it up you big baby. 10 days without Internet lol what if there was no power at all lol are you kidding me. See a doctor and it's not teksavvys fault bell has to take the blame I am sure you were read the terms of service at the time you signed up right? Due to crtc regulations teksavvys and others have no choice to run on third party networks and if due to crtcs being operated by former Bell and Rogers Cross and Bosses things are in the favor of the big telcos so really if third party is being difficult with teksavvys there could be delays. I singed up with teksavvys it took a while since there were actual problems with the wiring in my home and on bells network once those were sorted out my 25mb 1up del worked fine
gruntlord6
join:2010-06-10
Barrie, ON

gruntlord6

Re: Love teksavvy

said by funlovo :

Suck it up you big baby. 10 days without Internet lol what if there was no power at all lol are you kidding me. See a doctor and it's not teksavvys fault bell has to take the blame I am sure you were read the terms of service at the time you signed up right? Due to crtc regulations teksavvys and others have no choice to run on third party networks and if due to crtcs being operated by former Bell and Rogers Cross and Bosses things are in the favor of the big telcos so really if third party is being difficult with teksavvys there could be delays. I singed up with teksavvys it took a while since there were actual problems with the wiring in my home and on bells network once those were sorted out my 25mb 1up del worked fine

He does seem to be raising a stink over nothing.
IncogNico
Bowmanville, ON

IncogNico to funlovo

to funlovo
It is apparent you did not read my entire post, and are probably living on your own without any real dependents and responsibilities ... or maybe on the flip side you are made of money...

either or...

The fact that Tek told me every time I called in (and on their website) that my area was serviceable, and it was not until the installation was to be booked that they realized they had not bought into that area yet. At which point it was already too late to go back to my original provider to get my "deal" with them.

SO, if they did not purchase access to that area.. how can they offer service to that area?

They openly admitted to making a big mistake, but they are not doing anything to rectify it.

so what is it you are really trying to argue with me about? ...

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx to funlovo

Premium Member

to funlovo
said by funlovo :

Thank you captain obvious. Teksavvy = IISP != (NOT) a reseller. Meaning, unfortunately yes they do take blame. They are an ISP and proud to be one. Everyone including retail relies on someone.

If TSI wanted to be a reseller they would have been a reseller of some sort and push blame. Guess what Mr. Obvious. They are a big ISP with millions of subscribers. They make a chunk of money from it. You call a user a big baby, well if TSI wants to stop being a big baby and stop blaming bell, well then get some backing and build your own infrastructure. It works both ways. Marc and Rocky are good guys, they knew the business and are in bed with bell because they partnered with them to use their last mile.

I say again. Teksavvy is an ISP (Internet Service Provider) not a reseller.
Tristan
join:2006-09-10
Nepean, ON

Tristan

Big stink?

The op has a right to make a "big stink" (as some of you misappropriately label it).

The whole process of switching ISP's is a difficult one, and it can affect people differently. Thanks for being heartless.

Points in his favor:
- He runs a home on a single income.
- Has a mature dependent that cannot work.
- Has two younger dependents that also can't work.
- He has three dependents that use the internet. The service is for education, and maybe even to take part in democracy, research medical topics, etc.
- His job requires internet access.
- He called Teksavvy several times. He did not rush into this.
- He was blind-sided by Teksavvy's lure of lower prices and higher monthly caps (or unlimited). This borders false advertising.
- He has done his due diligence.

Points in Teksavvy's favor:
- ???

Teksavvy needs to step up to the plate, and own the problem they created. They created additional stresses and hardship in his life. They induced him to lose his discounts with his previous provider. They are directly affecting his ability to provide for his family.

If Teksavvy won't do the right thing, then I feel I've joined the wrong ISP. I joined Teksavvy believing they weren't the heartless beast I was dealing with before. I won't be recommending Teksavvy to anyone else. I have friends that can't afford to fall for the same thing - money is finite, incomes are shrinking, and cost of living is increasing.
IncogNico
Bowmanville, ON

IncogNico

Re: Big stink?

Thank you for your understanding!

(And reading and understanding my whole post.)

I will keep everyone updated as to the outcome, but as of yet, Teksavvy has not tried to contact me back since they offered me the "special" installation price that is their current promo.

I am still waiting on my refund to be able to make my next move!
Teknohe
join:2010-08-06
Etobicoke, ON

Teknohe to Tristan

to Tristan
The OP is correct. This is a massive Teksavvy screw-up. People calling him a "Big Baby" likely don't understand what it feels like to pay big-boy bills in the real world.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

Re: Big stink?

said by Teknohe:

The OP is correct. This is a massive Teksavvy screw-up. People calling him a "Big Baby" likely don't understand what it feels like to pay big-boy bills in the real world.

That's exactly it, half the kids calling people big babies most likely still have mom paying for their internet. I'm so irritated by people thinking TSI is some reseller and not responsible for anything.

Teksavvy is a great company, they are but any real ISP has it's trouble
IncogNico
Bowmanville, ON

IncogNico

It Pains Me to Say It...

Well, looks like Rogers came though in the end!

Beat any third party price out there atm, increased my usage and took off my modem rental fees for a year!

That breaks down as follows;

1) $300 in Service Savings/year
2) $600 in Overage Fees/year
3) $144 in Modem rental fees/year

TOTAL SAVINGS~ $1044/year!!

I am paying less than $55/month for a Rogers service (tax in) because they WANTED to keep my business!

I think a few people can learn from this, and you know who you are!!

~No Modem to buy
~No hassle
~Same service Provider
~I can Bundle without a long term commitment
~Quality Customer Care that was handles in a timely manner, Painless and cost efficient!

~~ANYONE CAN HAVE THEIR PLANS ADJUSTED, JUST TALK TO THEM AND LET THEM KNOW THAT YOU ARE LOOKING TO SWITCH. THEY WILL MAKE SURE THEY WILL TREAT YOU RIGHT!~~

Thanks to all the other ISP's that dropped the ball here... I am getting abetter deal now than anything you had offered/advertised!
gorally
join:2012-03-31

gorally

Re: It Pains Me to Say It...

I am offered by Rogers with the similar deal to get me back..after the nightmare I encountered with Teksavvy, I can't wait.

Ottawa1
@teksavvy.com

Ottawa1

Anon

TekSavvy Service

I shifted to TekSavvy a few months ago after receiving consistently slower bandwidth from Bell and Rogers than I contracted for.

I have had no problems with the service and have not had to call their help desk for support. So, can't comment on it. However, the fact that I have not had to call them is a good thing, right?

BTW, after complaining about the slow service and cancelling my subscription with them, Bell called to offer me a discount and a guarantee that they would not purposefully slow my connection again. It was a little late and maddening to think that I contracted for and paid for a service only to realize that they never intended to provide it.