how-to block ads

About

Mark
Premium
join:2001-11-15
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:1

MSTask - Port 1026

MSTask (Microsoft Task Scheduler) is an application that provides services for task scheduling.
dave
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio
kudos:8

Re: MSTask - Port 1026

I'm not sure, but I wouldn't think that the scheduler service uses 1026 specifically. I think it's just a case of an RPC listener, which gets the 'next unused port'. Whether or not that's 1026 depends on your system dyanmics.

Mark
Premium
join:2001-11-15
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:1
Yea my information on this port was kinda fuzzy.

waschlappentiger

@t-dialin.net

port 1026 / 1025

Also bei mir lief der taskplaner zu erst auf port 1025. Habe dann die mstask.exe mit zonealarm gesperrt und nun ist port 1026 offen. obwohl der taskplaner bei mir unter win2k deaktiviert ist.
gearhead3

join:2003-03-26
Downey, CA

Re: port 1026 / 1025

in english please ....Im still learning german...thanks=)
DoubleT
Premium
join:2002-04-09
Dallas, TX

Translation from babelfish.altavista.com

Not sure if this clears anything up, but here's the translation from Babelfish:

Thus with me the task planner ran too only on haven 1025. Property then the mstask.exe with zone alarm closed and now is haven 1026 openly although the task planner with me under win2k is deactivated.
--
Vanu Infinitum
jkopel9

join:2003-12-13
Philadelphia, PA

security on port 1026

You might want to filter/close this port. See the following message thread (the whole thread is long, technical, and a great example of how tricky spammers are!)

»seclists.org/lists/incidents/200···001.html
ThunderAce

join:2003-03-30
Raleigh, NC

UDP port 1026

Common Use
UDP port 1026 is registered as Calendar Access Protocol port.

Inbound Scan:
Typically inbound traffic to this port is Messenger Spam which is more annoying then anything else, and hence not really worthy of a Link Logger alert, but still there is enough of this traffic that an explanation would be helpful.

Outbound Scan:
Outbound scans, if occurring in volume should be considered an indication of a possible worm infection on the source computer and should be investigated.

Machiavellian04

@dsl-net.org

Messenger SPAM!

UDP port 1026 is registered as Calendar Access Protocol port but typically inbound traffic to this port is Messenger Spam. Windows Messenger service listens for connections on port 1026 as well as port 135.