Re: how to block
said by BosstonesOwn:I've seen the lists. I've attempted to use them to get around the limitations on cyberlocker sites that only let you download one file every two hours or whatever.
I have used them, I often use them to view netflix content that is only available outside the us
There are lists of them available on the interwebs.
Typically, it goes like this;
1. Find open proxy list.
2. Copy first IP/port numbers into Firefox.
3. Attempt to load page.
4. Give up after about a minute of no progress.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 about a dozen times.
6. Find one where the page finally loads (taking about 30-45 seconds to do so)
7. Realize that the captcha doesn't work and you have no way to initiate the download.
8. Repeat steps 2-7 at least 3 times. (note that step 5 applies in each repetition)
9. Finally find one where the captcha works, start the download.
10. Cancel the download after you see that you're getting 2K/s and the download is going to take 12 hours to finish.
11. Repeat steps 2-10 at least 3 times. (note that steps 5 & 8 apply in each repetition)
12. Give up when you realize that the time limit on the site expired half an hour ago and you can just download the file without using a proxy.
Re: how to block
said by BosstonesOwn:I've tried proxies from pretty much every country. Strangely, the ones that seem to work the best for me are the ones in the middle east. I guess I'm probably now considered a terrorism suspect for making a web connection to a middle east IP address.
haha, thats how it used to be for me, now I keep up on the lists of open proxies for a specific country. It helps knowing that the country in question has fast connections and usually not congested.
The war on... ...poverty.
Add another failed war to the list.
How about a war on government waste and stupidity?
said by old_wiz_60:Or at least offensive.
So how about we classify some of the crap that the newspapers print as porn? Political speeches, religious rantings about birth control, hate speech, etc?