Investigators believe grounding rod punctured gas line
by Karl Bode 02:38PM Friday Dec 01 2006 Tipped by nissan720
Late last month, a house exploded near downtown Huntington in northeastern Indiana, setting fire to nearby houses and killing two people. Investigators believe the best possible explanation is that a Comcast employee botched his install and punctured a gas line with a ground rod outside the home. The resulting explosion killed a local utility worker dispatched to the scene and 75-year-old resident Emilie Wilson. Wilson’s husband Jack and the Comcast employee both suffered "serious burns," according to the report.
BellSouth proper grounding specifies the equipment should be grounded to in order of importance the ground wire, ground rod, dedicated #6 ground wire set to ground bar, and the metal pipe or box. If a ground rodis placed it has to be bonded to one of the power grounding options. The telco equipment should not be on a seperate ground whatsoever from the power as the possibility of a diferential exists.