The Cable Guy Blew Up My Powerbook
A particularly rough install...
Because Comcast technicians and subcontractors apparently haven't received enough bad press
of late, a user tells the Consumerist
the story of how a Comcast technician accidentally blew up her Powerbook, along with most of the gear on her desk.
"It seems likely that the young technician connected the rooftop end of the cable to a similar-appearing, but now obviously incorrect electrical cable. In any case, both technicians stated that the company-installed "system" of cables on the roof were "a real mess" and were unsafely stretched over and near an electrical box and associated cables."
The result was a desktop full of charred devices (photos at the above link) and one seriously annoyed user. Comcast has admitted fault, but has been slow to rectify damage, according to the poster.
95 comments .. click to read
|reply to GadgetsRme |
Re: A serious question
Wasn't she requesting Wi-Fry?
Canon City, CO
|reply to Gordo74 | said by Gordo74:
I also like the comment I saw on page 2 of the story "That's COMCASTIC!"
In light of recent events I think it would be more correct if it said: "That's COMBLASTIC!!!!!" --