BCE, parent company of Bell Canada, has released their Q2 report:
Some changes compared to Q2 2003:
- DSL subscribers (Sympatico, Business High Speed, wholesale) increased 30% to over 1.6 million subscribers.
- Sympatico value-added services (antivirus, firewall) up 146,000 subscribers to 433,000.
- DSL footprint in Ontario and Québec reached 81% of homes and business lines (up from 78%)
- 200,000 subscribers to Bell Bundles.
- Network access services declined by 130,000 or 1.0% as a result of growth in high-speed Internet access reducing the need for second telephone lines, losses resulting from competition and customers substituting wireline with wireless telephone service.