dslreports logo
site
spacer

spacer
 
   
spc
Massive Fire Engulfs House In Olivette, MO
by nozero 09:11AM Wednesday Nov 23 2005
(KSDK) At least six fire departments spent more than six hours battling a massive house fire Thursday afternoon in Olivette. The fire happened at Heather Hill Lane and Stacey Drive.

Daniel Kirchhoefer, an executive with Enterprise Rent-A- Car closed on the house Tuesday morning. Some of his belongings were moved into the home shortly before the fire started.

Investigators think the fire started near an electrical box in the basement. Flames moved up the walls and into the roof, making it tough to put out. Firefighters also say it took a while to get the electricity shut off and that slowed down their efforts.

Charter Communications employees were working inside the home when the fire started, and the president of Charter was at the house Tuesday night.

No one was hurt. Firefighters will remain on the scene overnight to make sure all of the hot spots are put out.

»www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.a···d=88193

-------------------------------------------------------

Firefighters got the call for the blaze at the $2 million home on Heather Hill Street around 2:30 p.m. Heavy smoke filled the sky for hours when suddenly, flames erupted from the roof of the home.

»www.kmov.com/

home

comments?