New 5660 Firmware Version 2.3.0(2) Posted on Efficient Website
by leevis 01:38PM Tuesday Sep 04 2001
A new Point Release of the 5660 Router firmware has been posted on the Efficient Networks website
. The release is listed as version 2.3.0(2). Added Features:
- Added PPTP to PPPoA support/PPTP relay
- Added AGL support for:
- Microsoft Netmeeting
- MSN Messenger
- AOL Instant Message
- Buddy Phone
- ICQ 2000 (or latest version)
- ICU II
- Net 2 Phone
- Rainbow Six
- Diablo 2
- Quake III
- Soldier of Fortune
- Real Audio
- Real Video
- Microsoft Media Player
- Added IPSEC Pass Through.
Known Issues with this release:
- Fixed FTP Client/Server; WAN access fixed.
- Ability to support VPI/VCI or 1/1.
- Repaired PPPoE Authentication; fixed "bad authentication" error.
- Updated user sar_850 receiver driver.
- Unable to map multiple hostnames to a single IP Address (cname/alias).
- Maximum configurable static entries in DNS Table is 64, gives an error on the 65th entry.
- Alignment errors need to be relabeled as length errors on the stats output.
- Gives immediate change choice to implement changes now or after reboot.
The new firmware can be found in the Kernels section
of the Efficient Networks website