Thursday Evening Links
by Revcb 07:40PM Thursday Dec 20 2012
• FCC funds Lifeline broadband adoption test bed: Will use reform funds to gauge efforts to promote broadband to low-income residents
• FTC's Overzealous Attempts To 'Protect The Children' May Do Serious Harm To The Internet
• Clearwire talks layoffs ahead of potential Sprint deal
• With Clearwire's Spectrum, Sprint Can Disrupt U.S. Wireless Duopoly
• T-Mobile has completed its iPhone-friendly network overhaul in 14 more cities, including New York, Philadelphia, Boston, Dallas and Detroit
• Four of 10 Americans have connected TV to Internet, increasing to 6 in 10 in the 18-to-32 age bracket; 42% are hooked up via a game console
• Verizon responds to AT&T, adds 29 LTE markets; now offers the service in 470 markets
• BlackBerry Z10: first BlackBerry 10 handset pictured in black, white
• If TekSavvy Won't Oppose Copyright Trolls Who Want Customer Info, Who Will?
• Canada's Iristel begins offering VoIP service - Move marks opening of local phone competition in Northern Canada
• Microsoft lawyer: Google is an anti-democratic Internet "emperor"
[computerworld.com]*For more interesting links to broadband and related tech news from DSLReports.com & other sites throughout the day, follow me on Twitter @Strangebroo!*