Java Version verification applet:|
1. Is there just a blank space above these messages ? then Java in your browser must be broken or your extra security products are interfering where they should not.
2. MSIE users may have to "click to activate" the applet
3. Does it display 1.5.0+ ? then the speed tests should work
4. Does it display 1.1.4 or earlier ? then the old microsoft JVM is still on your machine and getting activated for html applet tags.
5. How to uninstall the old microsoft JVM?
Majorgeeks.com hosts the MS JVM uninstaller
6. Still stuck?
javatester.org has all the information you can eat on Java versions, installs, uninstalls. Good luck!
back to public speed test page