spc
Search similar:

uniqs
anaaaa
join:2004-06-29
Fresh Meadows, NY

anaaaa

What happens when you fail a regents?

Okay, I need someone to just answer this question. I'm actually having a panic attack, and I'm not sure what to do.

On the last day of school, I had to pick up my report card and etc. I tried getting my regents grades, they were posted on the side walls of the entrance. It was so crowded there, that it was a fire hazard, and I got kicked out of the building. I waited for a while so that I could go in, and I still wasn't able to. The current time was probably 10, and they told me to come back to school at 1:30 P.M. Problem was, I had to leave for California at 12.

So basically, I took four regents this June. I only really care about my Chemistry one cause I was really unprepared for that. If I failed, how do I know? I don't know my grade! I've been calling the school non stop, leaving messeges, and talking to the entire faculty and they can't help.

What happens when you fail a regents? Do they send you a letter in August telling you where and when to take the make up? I feel like I failed, and that I won't be able to take the test because I won't even know about it. Please help?

ruscorp
I Never Stop Posting For You
Premium Member
join:2002-08-29
Earth

ruscorp

Premium Member

Good question. I would call 311. They'll probably forward you to the Dept. of Education. They're are pretty much clueless.

MEDIAN2k3
Your Ad Here
Premium Member
join:2002-12-04
Howard Beach, NY

MEDIAN2k3 to anaaaa

Premium Member

to anaaaa
Nothing really, you choose whether or not to take it over, if its required for graduation then your guidance counselor will schedule it for next term and put you in another class on the next level but make you take it. As for grades, their should be some sort of ATS system in your school (there is one in mine, with a program called skedula), call up your guidance counselor he/she should be able to tell you the grades. If anything just wait till september to find out, or if that is too long, call the department head, and or teacher in the department.

good luck.

Liet
join:2001-03-27
Elmhurst, NY

Liet to anaaaa

to anaaaa
It does probably depend on the school.

I do know when I took them in 1997, they had no effect whatsoever on getting your diploma, or class grades. However, one policy my school had was if you were failing a class and passed the Regents exam for that class, you automatically passed the class as well.

You should call the school itself to find out, as I have a feeling policies vary from school to school.

MuDvAyNe
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY

MuDvAyNe to anaaaa

Premium Member

to anaaaa
Summer school start's soon doesn't it? If you didn't get any notices then you probably passed.

ruscorp
Premium Member
Earth

ruscorp

Premium Member

said by MuDvAyNe:
Summer school start's soon doesn't it? If you didn't get any notices then you probably passed.

I dunno about that. I got a 65 in a class and a teacher changed it to 55. The school NEVER alerted me of the change. So when I went to go get my diploma I had a big surprise waiting. There was no diploma!

JE
JE 's BACK BABY
Premium Member
join:2000-12-15
Charlotte, NC

JE to anaaaa

Premium Member

to anaaaa
My, my, my how things have changed since I was in school.
I've seen the "report cards" they give you .. it's paper right? WOW.

Hopefully you've passed and you don't have to worry about it anymore.:D I graduated from H.S. IN 94, the system was traSH BAK THEN TOO.

Good luck and enjoy your trip to CALI!

MuDvAyNe
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY

MuDvAyNe to ruscorp

Premium Member

to ruscorp
said by ruscorp:
said by MuDvAyNe:

I dunno about that. I got a 65 in a class and a teacher changed it to 55. The school NEVER alerted me of the change. So when I went to go get my diploma I had a big surprise waiting. There was no diploma!

OUCH!!

ruscorp
Premium Member
Earth

ruscorp

Premium Member

Yep, in August at the end of summer school I had my parents come up with me about that unfair act. School administrators informed me only the teacher who gave the grade or the principal has the ability to change grades (we were dealing with an assistant principal, he was nice but not very understanding.) Who wants to return to high school in September for ONE STINKING CREDIT?

So we brought it to the principal who was very nice and understanding about it and overturned the 55 back to 65 (despite 32 absents) granting me a high school diploma.

...and that's my story.

KevNYC
Premium Member
join:2002-03-31
Seattle, WA

KevNYC

Premium Member

said by ruscorp:
So we brought it to the principal who was very nice and understanding about it and overturned the 55 back to 65 (despite 32 absents) granting me a high school diploma.

...and that's my story.

The absents were probably your problem. In my school, if you're absent more than 18 times you automatically fail the class no matter what grade the teacher attempts to give you.

ruscorp
Premium Member
Earth

ruscorp

Premium Member

Ah, but you are missing the point.

The teacher made an error when he put in my grade. I should have failed with a 55 for those absents. However the school's failure to alert me and my parents of a grade change is my ticket to a high school diploma.

I'd like to thank that teacher, where ever he is for screwing up. It got me out of high school 5 months early. Thanks!

Mikep7779
Premium Member
join:2002-05-26
Woodlawn, NY

Mikep7779 to ruscorp

Premium Member

to ruscorp
retake it

ruscorp
Premium Member