All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
coppertrail
join:2006-01-10
Cleveland, OH

coppertrail

Adelphia -> Roadrunner email server migration?

Does anyone know when the Adelphia to Roadrunner email server migration will occur?

Thanks

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

I have never got word, but have read that @adelphia.net email addresses will last for roughly a year (less than that now)...all you have to do is change your @adelphia.net to @roadrunner.com
coppertrail
Cleveland, OH

coppertrail

Right, I know the @adelphia.net addresses are going to last a while, but at this point we (at least I) can't send or reply using my @roadrunner.com email address using the current webmail interface.

Since I can't configure my email client to use the pop-server.oh.rr.com, I know we've not been migrated to the rr mail servers.

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

Have you been migrated to Road Runner?
coppertrail
Cleveland, OH

coppertrail

Yes, that happened over a month ago, and my @roadrunner.com email addresses are fully functional. As I said, we're currently lacking the ability to send/reply using our roadrunner.com email addresses using webmail.

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

swintec to coppertrail

Premium Member

to coppertrail
You will not use the Ohio Road Runner servers as you have it in your post. Being an Adelphia convert you will use these in Outlook:

Incoming: pop-server.roadrunner.com
Outgoing: smtp-server.roadrunner.com

You are using the same server, just renamed.

This is the address for webmail to use:
»webmail.adelphia.net/webedge You will see the Images after you sign in will be RR logos.
61999674 (banned)
Gotta Do What Ya Gotta Do
join:2000-09-02
Here

1 edit

61999674 (banned) to coppertrail

to coppertrail
That is the incorrect mail servers to be using, migrated Adelphia people use pop-server.roadrunner.com and smtp-server.roadrunner.com.
Yes Cleveland has been migrated both addresses will work but still show @adelphia.net.

edit: Dang too late ... Guess that's what I get for watching TV while posting.
coppertrail
Cleveland, OH

coppertrail to swintec

to swintec
Many thanks, that answers one question. The refined question is: When will we be able to send/reply using our @roadrunner.com email addresses via the webmail.roadrunner.com interface?

Thanks

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by coppertrail:

Many thanks, that answers one question. The refined question is: When will we be able to send/reply using our @roadrunner.com email addresses via the webmail.roadrunner.com interface?

Thanks
I noticed after I logged into my webmail that it still shows the address in there as @adelphia.net...I believe there is an option in there for setting a reply to email address, maybe for the time being you could set your reply to email address as your @roadrunner.com address?
61999674 (banned)
Here

61999674 (banned) to coppertrail

to coppertrail
Well you can use it but it still comes up to the Adelphia Webmail page.
coppertrail
Cleveland, OH

coppertrail

Exactly, it's as though we're half way there email wise . . .
61999674 (banned)
Here

61999674 (banned)

My thinking is that it will remain as it is now until the Adelphia addresses are killed.

jnc2000
Premium Member
join:2003-08-05
Pittsburgh, PA

jnc2000

Premium Member

incorrect:

Legacy RR

pop-server.neo.rr.com
smtp.server.neo.rr.com

webmail.neo.rr.com

Former Adelphia Customers

pop-server.roadrunner.com
smtp-server.roadrunner.com

webmail.roadrunner.com

Former Comcast Customers

pop-server.oh.rr.com
smtp-server.oh.rr.com

webmail.oh.rr.com
jnc2000

1 edit

jnc2000

Premium Member

if you were migrated in November 2006 your email address should have already been changed to an @roadrunner.com

Those who haven't please go to

activation.rr.com

and run the activation tutorial if you want your outlook to be setup automaticly for you. This should also install RR medic (which I'd remove afterwords)

Your information information within the LDAP should have already been copied over correctly - if it hasn't or you can not log into webmail for whatever reason. 1.877.772.2253 chances are the information didn't make it over.

If you can not recall your password at anytime:

»help.rr.com/urt/

If you migrated this past March - DO NOT DO ANYTHING YET.

You should receive notification when all systems are ready.
coppertrail
Cleveland, OH

1 edit

coppertrail

Thanks as always JNC, and my roadrunner email addresses are fully functional. Also, when I create a new adelphia email address via the webmail page, it creates both an adelphia and roadrunner email address. I don't recall as to whether I ran the activation.rr.com script, but my @roadrunner addresses are fully up and running.

Update: I just logged into the roadrunner.com webmail portal and I now see the Time Warner logo at the top left portion of the screen

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by coppertrail:

Update: I just logged into the roadrunner.com webmail portal and I now see the Time Warner logo at the top left portion of the screen
Thats weird, using the old Adelphia webmail portal, after logging in, I to see the Road Runner logos. As far the activation wizard, it has been said my many around here that it is not nessecary to run if you can update Outlook on your own, thats all I did and everything works just fine. I ran it the end of last summer and it gave me RR medic and changed my IE logo to the stupid bird...THAT I wasnt to happy about. Live and learn I guess.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

There is no immediate need to run the activation tool.
It does nothing other than to set up your email client and as already stated brand your browser.

Hob
coppertrail
Cleveland, OH

coppertrail

Well, the Time Warner logo WAS in webmail.roadrunner.com, it's gone now

jnc2000
Premium Member
join:2003-08-05
Pittsburgh, PA

jnc2000 to swintec

Premium Member

to swintec
I put that on there simply for those who browse this site, and may not know how to manually change their outlook settings.

Sorry for the confusion.
jnc2000

jnc2000

Premium Member

We are due to get upgrades to our mail system here in the near future, so if you do use the webportal from time to time you will be seeing slight changes.

There are upgrades being done to our bps that have to be in line (BPS - Broadband Provisioning Service)

Once the go ahead is issued from those above the changes will be implamented and everyone will see/hear things from marketing regarding new features... benefits etc..

I can't say what all is going in towards the new mail yet as it is not out yet and nothing is finalized.
coppertrail
Cleveland, OH

coppertrail

Thanks for the update . . .