spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Michael252
@fujitsu.com

Michael252

Anon

Suddenlink vs. Cebridge email

Does anyone have any info on whether or not the Cebridge email domain will change over to suddenlink? (xxx@cebridge.net or xxx@suddenlink.com)

I would like to remain under cebridge, but it looks like we may have to change at some point.

Any ideas?

SuddenlinkTX1
join:2007-09-05
Tyler, TX

SuddenlinkTX1

As of right now, the cebridge.net email addresses have been grandfathered in. This means if you still have one, you can use it. However, I do believe you will need to create a suddenlink.net email address if you use a POP client, in order to be able to send mail. This is because using smtp.suddenlink.net requires authentication, and a suddenlink.net email address is the only address it will authenticate.

BryanC1968
join:2003-06-10
Elkins, WV

BryanC1968 to Michael252

to Michael252
You can still use the cebridge smtp server to send e-mail...

smtp.cebridge.net

However.. creating a suddenlink.net e-mail and setting up a suddenlink.net account to view and pay your bill only and manage your suddenlink.net e-mails accounts and so on, just became available to the cebridge.net customers last month...

I went ahead and created my suddenlink.net account and e-mails a few weeks ago and started porting all my cebridge.net emails over just in case they do make us change...

I did notice that with the suddenlink.net account I could create up to 10 e-mail accounts, but with cebridge.net I could only create 5...

Michael252
@cebridge.net

Michael252 to Michael252

Anon

to Michael252
Thanks, guys.

It's just that I dread having to change emails every couple of years (lots of notifications and all). We got caught up in all the @home/att/comcast/rr crap, then we moved into a cebridge area. If it looks like we have to change again, I may look into a third party "permanent" email service (like our own domain through godaddy or some other outfit that won't change every year or so).

Hopefully, we can keep cebridge for the forseeable future.

Thanks again.